The Slime Salad Statesman, 09 Oct 2008

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

The Slime Salad Statesman, 09 Oct 2008

Post by Mogri »

Boy, slow week around here. Everyone must be hard at work on their games... right?

So, you might have noticed the new topic in the Battlegrounds forum. The functionality for declaring battles works beautifully: you can challenge up to seven other slimes (for a total of 8, including yourself) divided into teams as you see fit. If they all accept your challenge, the battle begins! If anyone declines, the battle is unfortunately canceled. Please try again.

Coming up next is the ability to actually battle. Hooray! But it seems to me that our attack variety is looking a little slim. This is where you can help. PM me your attack ideas. They should look something like this:

Name: Bounce Tackle
Description: Run and bounce onto your opponent.
Normal Attack: Slime1 bounds forward and tackles Slime2!
Critical Hit: Slime1 leaps high into the air and lands on Slime2!!

Make them silly, awesome, whatever you can think of. I'm looking for some variety. Prizes may even be up for grabs!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Re: The Slime Salad Statesman, 09 Oct 2008

Post by The Wobbler »

Mogri wrote:Boy, slow week around here. Everyone must be hard at work on their games... right?
I am, and I've got proof! Where the hell is everyone else?

Good to see this feature making progress, it should be a lot of fun.
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

Seeing as how you are working on this utterly silly and useless feature that which does not revolve around MAKING GAMES, I guess you've answered your own question for yourself! :P

But no... seriously... where IS everybody? :???:
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

You mean, seeing as how I'm working on the forum-integrated game, I'm not working on games? :v:
Only One In All
Metal Slime

What good is a forum-integrated game in a forum that is rather dead and empty? The amount of people who will submit ideas to you for attacks will be one - maybe two, at most.

Instead, update one of your more anticipated games and use it as a trap to lure people back in first, THEN bring about the new arena features. :P
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Only One In All wrote:Instead, update one of your more anticipated games and use it as a trap to lure people back in first, THEN bring about the new arena features. :P

<s>But seriously I'd have to be at home to do that</s>
Last edited by Mogri on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

>:(
Make the arena and lure people with that.
Why would I want to play with a new toy that's just got an add-on when I could try out a completely new one?
&#9834;&#9834;&#9834; Du du duuuu &#9834;&#9834;&#9834;
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Because at least the old toy with addons, you already know is good. How do you know that this new toy isn't going to suck? If it sucks it has no chance of attracting people. But the old toy is good, so it can bring people back.
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

What's with your attitude? If it sucks at first, and that's a possibility, then Mogri can work to make it not suck. Until then, why not just suggest attacks that you think might make it fun?
Only One In All
Metal Slime

:P = I'm joking

Honestly, I don't have any negative attitudes towards Moog updating the arena, nor do I actually think it would suck.

I assumed when Moog put an :v: at the end of his statement and posted that funny looking picture, it meant he was aware that I don't really mean what I said.