Vikings of Midgard - Development Journal

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

THIS HAND OF MINE BURNS WITH AN AWESOME POWER.

AND ALSO FIRE.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

The Arena keeps sounding more and more impressive. Really looking forward to playtesting the game in a few weeks man. Keep up the good effort.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

WANTED

Two OHRers to volunteer to play through a special version of Vikings of Midgard to test it's capabilities as a demo, point out gameplay errors, and suggest fixes. I'm looking for broken battle sequences, misaligned tiles, and impossible battles. Expected playtime is estimated at 6-8 hours, with the demo having no end (There are light flashes that just indicate areas are incomplete).

Volunteers? :kamina:
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Sure.

Might take me a week or so.

Haven't actually played the game proper (I keep waiting for it to be "complete"), but I imagine that's a good thing, since it makes me like the target audience?
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Momoka wrote:Haven't actually played the game proper (I keep waiting for it to be "complete"), but I imagine that's a good thing, since it makes me like the target audience?
This is true. Any sort of comments and feedback are welcome. I'll be sending the file shortly.
xvi revya
Red Slime

Post by xvi revya »

I would love to.

Looks really enjoyable. Plus I think it would greatly benefit my spriting capabilities from simple observation with all those WHOAMG AWESOME graphics(which I do not know how to make :().
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Fenrir, you know very well, that I'm going to point out everything like I did on the last one. Haha.

No mercy! If this is your best game, I'll make sure and be as anal about stuff as I need to be for you.
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote:
Momoka wrote:Haven't actually played the game proper (I keep waiting for it to be "complete"), but I imagine that's a good thing, since it makes me like the target audience?
This is true. Any sort of comments and feedback are welcome. I'll be sending the file shortly.
:devil:

ETA: I'm from the Zero Punctuation school of criticism, so I just want to say that I'm actually digging the game so far, even though I'm 10 minutes in and already have 16 lines of mostly negative comments. I nit-pick a lot. I figure if you don't loathe me as a person after finishing my review, I'm not doing my job properly.

I do like it! Really!
Last edited by Momoka on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

A thought occurred to me.

Should Viking's graphics be ported over to the "New" OHRRPGCE master palette, so they'll be easier for newbies to import? My gut instinct says yes.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

New demo is out! It's incomplete and even makes fun of itself for this fact. THERE IS NO FOURTH WALL.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

I haven't had any time at all to work on OHR projects in at least two months due to family and work issues. For those who've known what's going on behind the scenes, thank you for your patience (and support!) Today marks the resumption of me pushing the boulder that is this game up the proverbial hill again. (I should reference that game too)

AHEM.

Vlad is now Vlad.

I'm extremely tempted to get people to contribute one or two voice acted lines for several of the well known characters in this game, but filesize is still an issue at this point. We'll work on that later. :kamina:

Ridiculous Games Contest begins April 1st. Prepare yourselves :devil:
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

And work resumes yet again. This scene takes place in an all-new "transitive" area. Delvire and Bram share MANY scenes together, with the player gaining a new ability almost every time the space-time-bending thief shows up. Maybe there's some kind of connection between the two?

And what about this character?

More to come. In the meantime, go play the Ridiculous Contest Games, and vote if you haven't already[size=0], unless you're a humorless communist with no sense of fun.[/size]
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Fenrir-Lunaris wrote: And what about this character?
Yay! :)
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

Geez, dude.

I seriously CANNOT get Puzzle to stop playing this game. She's on, like, her twelve time through and is still not tired of it. And now I see you've updated it even FURTHER!!! Ugh. Nice job, though. Quite possibly the best game made with this engine. (in contention w/The Wandering Hamster, of course... Speaking of which, are you ever gonna update that, James?)
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

James Paige wrote:
Fenrir-Lunaris wrote: And what about this character?
[Gisli]
Yay! :)
I just love how the OHR has its own "universe" now. Just like how every Final Fantasy has its Cid, and every Zelda game has its green-garbed Link, most OHR games have characters of legend make appearances.
Bob the Hamster, Surlaw, Frumpy, Mr. Pepper, Super Walrus Man, Slime King, Mr. Triangle...
And Gisli, apparently.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Wed May 19, 2010 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.