(Old thread)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Which game would you want to see for a future project after Evil Unleashed?

"D"
No votes
Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
20%
Alone in the Dark
20%
Hell: A cyberpunk thriller
40%
Lost Eden
No votes
Doom RPG: Through Hell and Back
20%

Total votes: 5

Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Yep. And so far, everything for the game is all going to plan. And also, thank god, i've got myself a room to myself over here. No distractions, no worry. Which means: more time to work on the game, aside from school stuff, of course (which starts monday over here.)

If you want, the latest testing version is on Doomworld. I'll post a link. I think it's free to guests.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-genera ... s-testers/
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

After taking a short break to work on another thing for Doomworld, I'm back on path of working on the Knee Deep in the Game, effective tomorrow.

However, I have been working on the game in bits and pieces here and there. Mostly just working on Re-importing mp3 music and graphics. Also fixing some of the newer maps' glitches, like a broken wall in the southern area of the Nuclear Plant.

Anyway, with school back in session tomorrow, game-making time is sorta reduced to mere hours. So, except for our breaks here and there, i'll probably not have too much time to work on this thing.

If anyone could help me on this game, it'd be appreciated. I need mappers, spriters, artists, and scripters. I'll explain what I need and where I need them tomorrow on a separate post.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Well, after a few thoughts going thru my mind, and a short conversation with Tom Hall from id software, I've decided to change up the Doom a tad to fit the original Tei Tenga storyline perfectly, to the original ideas by Tom. He seemed quite pleased with my idea. Also, it was quite a good sight when I saw that John Romero also tried the OHR Doom RPG and actually enjoyed it. I'm hoping to get Bobby Prince to do some of the new music for the game, since he was the original Doom composer, and is still doing favors.

Anyway, KDITD's new name is: Evil Unleashed, after the original title for Doom's first episode. The game no longer takes place on Phobos or Deimos, but still retains the "Going through Hell and Back" story and you fighting loads of demons with pleasure.

The names of the sites in KDITD have been changed to reflect those of the original areas in Doom Alpha. Characters remain the same, most maps remain the same, especially those with superb detail.

Oh, and the enemies from Doom Alpha shall make an appearance. I began this project 2 months ago, and by God, I'm gonna finish the dang thing, with the release of Episode One when it's done.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Hmm. I'm tired, but i guess I can dish out what news I have so far for Evil Unleashed.

-I'm currently working on another series of maps for the game, based specifically on the alpha maps. But due to level size constraints on the OHRRPGCE, many of these levels are going to be broken up into smaller sections, namely the secret areas.

-The ending is going to be much better than the old "After you beat all the bnig badasses..." story from Doom 1. After all, since this is an RPG version of Doom Alpha, it has to have Alpha-like elements. Therefore, the ending has been changed, and the KDITD one no longer applies.

-After EU is finished, I'm taking a short break before releasing "Through Hell and Back", and all the other projects planned for the future. I seriously need some rest after all the work I've been doing.

-Level maps are growing in size on the game, and will feature realistic mazes and puzzles to solve. This could range from simply pushing over a Rollee-chair to Emptying a toxin-filled area.

-The final boss in E1 will prove to be a satisfying encounter. The only things I will reveal about that is that it will far surpass any encounter you might have faced in the original Doom, with an ending ultimately leaving you wanting more.

-For anyone wanting to playtest the game, at any time, feel free to ask me for a WIP version of the game.

--------------------------
Oh, and one more thing before i get off for the night:

Here's some of the other projects for the future:

"D"
Star Control: The Ur Quan Masters
Alone in the Dark
Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller
Lost Eden

None of these are in dev, but something i was wanting to do for a future thing. I was wanting to do one, however. So, i need people to vote for what game they would like to see made in the OHRRPGCE.

I will include stories for each game, if needed.

-
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

After a short delay (mainly because of School and sickness), I just about have one of the larger areas done for the game, which is the nuclear plant on Tei Tenga. If you compare this with my earlier shot, you'll see how much has been added and changed around. Anyway, post your comments or what-not on here. Tell me how you like the look of it so far. I gotta get back to work.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Well, it is done. The demo is finished. Released about 30 minutes ago from the writing of this message. There has been loads of improvement made prior to the HamsterSpeak review of this game, when it was still "Knee Deep in the Dead".

the following improvements have been made:

-All demo areas are accessible.
-Map layouts tend to make more sense, as they fit a general design.
-Enemy graphics have been updated.
-Graphic glitches fixed.
-There is finally a halfway decent storyline.
-All NPCs work (as far as I'm aware of).
-All weapons fire and deal damage when used.
-All enemies have attacks, sprites, etc.
-More strategy is being implemented, as I'm going to include ammunition for the guns in the full version.

...and more is to come in the final version.
Go ahead. Play the game. You'll be surprised by the quick improvement.
And I'll be doing a lot more work on it still.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Here are all the areas fully made for Doom RPG: EU.
The Darkside hangar was kinda small, due to the fact that it was the original starting area when the game was still following the "Phobos-KDITD" Storyline.

Anyway, here are the pics:

1. Tei Tenga Lightside Hangar:

2. Darkside Hangar:

3. Darkside Nuclear Plant

Note: There will be a larger, destroyed version of the Tei Tenga Lightside hangar in Episode 3, after the return journey of your team to the 'unknown location' after defeating the 'monsters' there.