(Old thread)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Which game would you want to see for a future project after Evil Unleashed?

"D"
No votes
Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
20%
Alone in the Dark
20%
Hell: A cyberpunk thriller
40%
Lost Eden
No votes
Doom RPG: Through Hell and Back
20%

Total votes: 5

Spazman
Slime Knight

(Old thread)

Post by Spazman »

Here is the official storyline for my upcoming game, which already has a few demos, Knee Deep in the Dead.

August, 2145- Phobos Surface-

2145 A.D. -Enter the Union Aerospace Corporation.

For years now, the Union Aerospace Corporation, better known as the UAC, have spent countless hours, and not to mention most of their royalties, on a new project for the future. That project is teleportation. A once-fictioned idea of the movement of one man faster than the moment's blinking of eye.

For the past few years, the UAC has redesigned this project. And it was only until a few days ago that all of their efforts have failed.

The recent tests have proven to be successful. Because of this, the tech was shipped to Earth and its moon, Mars and its moons Phobos and Deimos, and the desert-planet, Tei-Tenga.

However, within only the most recent days, the experiments performed with the teleporters have brought forth disturbing results. Some people went through, and was brought out on the other side mentally scarred. Some came through the teleporter dead. Some never came back at all.
Most of the reports given had the test-subjects claim of "Creatures with a thousand eyes." or "The nightmarish thoughts that haunted them in their dreams was a reality."

The experiments grew increasingly worse, until one day, when all Hell broke loose. All contact was lost with the Mars moons. Deimos completely vanishes from space. And all that remains on the radar is the distress signal of the once-operational Phobos base.

Since then, all teleportation projects have stopped. Nothing goes in, nothing comes out. It is discussed that a team of four marines should dock on the surface of the moon, and find whatever life still possesses the site, and if possible, find a way to the Deimos base, by any means necessary.

The order is given the very next day, where meanwhile, a group of four marines play a game of poker in their barracks. A lone soldier Stands up and stares out the window to the colorless sky of the Tei Tenga moon, completely unaware of the events that have transpired.
---

Well. here is the story. hope everyone enjoys this, as this is merely a prologue to the events that take place in KDITD.

The game file is in Games and Castle Paradox under:
"Doom RPG: Knee Deep in the Dead, or Doom RPG: Update Pk 7-25-11"
Last edited by Spazman on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

I played this today and I like the idea. Check out the next Hamsterspeak magazine here in a few days for my review of it.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Dang, thanks meatball. sounds good to me. I'm still working on that game as well as another.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Meatballsub wrote:I played this today and I like the idea. Check out the next Hamsterspeak magazine here in a few days for my review of it.
I'm glad you made this post. I was totally thinking about reviewing this for Hamsterspeak.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

So, here's the latest gaming script for the Doom RPG series, as far as intro and outro storylines go.

Knee Deep in the Dead Intro:

2145 A.D. -Enter the Union Aerospace Corporation.

For years now, the Union Aerospace Corporation, better known as the UAC, have spent countless hours, and not to mention most of their royalties, on a new project for the future. That project is teleportation. A once-fictioned idea of the movement of one man faster than the moment's blinking of eye.

For the past few years, the UAC has redesigned this project. And it was only until a few days ago that all of their efforts have failed.

The recent tests have proven to be successful. Because of this, the tech was shipped to Earth and its moon, Mars and its moons Phobos and Deimos, and the desert-planet, Tei-Tenga.

However, within only the most recent days, the experiments performed with the teleporters have brought forth disturbing results. Some people went through, and was brought out on the other side mentally scarred. Some came through the teleporter dead. Some never came back at all.
Most of the reports given had the test-subjects claim of "Creatures with a thousand eyes." or "The nightmarish thoughts that haunted them in their dreams was a reality."

The experiments grew increasingly worse, until one day, when all Hell broke loose. All contact was lost with the Mars moons. Deimos completely vanishes from space. And all that remains on the radar is the distress signal of the once-operational Phobos base.

---

Outro:

All of a sudden, Betreuger activates the teleportation portal once more and a vacuum-like force pulls you team into its gaping maw. But hold on, after you kill the badasses and clean out the moonbase, you're supposed to win, aren't you? Where's your fat reward and ticket home? What the Hell is this? It's not supposed to end this way! It stinks like rotten meat, but it looks like the lost Deimos base. It would seem as if you've arrived at the very shores of Hell. The only way out is through. To continue the Doom RPG experience, play "The Shores of Hell" and its amazing sequels, coming soon!

--

The Shores of Hell Intro:

A faint sign of energy is found on the Phobos moon, right before it disappears once again. It was on Earth's Vega sector that this was discovered.

"Commander Blazkowicz, another teleporter was just activated, sir! A group of four life signatures have entered the portal. Their signatures state that they are human!" says an engineer. The commander then walks his way to the radar screens.

"What was their intended destination?" He says.

"Their outgoing signal states that their destination was the Deimos moon, sir. But, this is strange." The engineer then looks to another screen.

"What is it, Jenkins?" asks Blazkowicz.

"You wouldn't believe this, but it seems as their actual destination...is here!" the engineer says.

"Then send the med-evac crew to the teleporter room immediately!" orders Blazkowicz.

"No, I mean, not here exactly, but somehow, within the Earth itself..." Says the engineer.

--

Outro:

The hideous Cyberdemon lord that guided the invasion to Phobos and the Deimos bases has been slain, and you and your team are triumphant! You each gather your senses and look at each other. You've made it this far, and feel as if a great victory has been won, but something feels strange. You all wonder: Where exactly are you?

The shocking answer is revealed when you look over the edge of the so-called moon: Deimos hovers only mere miles above the very surface of Hell itself! You've never heard of anyone escaping from Hell, but you'll make the bastards pay that they ever messed with humanity! You each secure a bungee cord to the side of the "moon" and prepare to make your way to the surface of Hell. It's a long way down.

So you've made it this far? Well, you still got a long way to go. It's on to the next episode of Doom RPG: Inferno. Coming soon from TheSpazztikOne.

Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Here was an idea I had planned for this month's HamsterSpeak. I don't know if it's too late to call for, or what.

I don't know if I needed James' permission to use Bob the Hamster on the cover as well. Just trying to get your $0.02 on stuff before I go to do anything else.

[edit] I replaced the pic on here with a better one. The old one looked rough.
Last edited by Spazman on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

You're going to want to get into one on one contact with Surlaw when it comes to HamsterSpeak.
And trust me, it's completely fine to use Bob the Hampster for a Hamsterspeak cover.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

I already got the pic on that page as well, but I'm not sure if there's an email address I can use to mail the possible cover to them. I just hope it's not too late to send a pic, since after all, the latest issue is coming out in a matter of a few hours to a few days...

oh, and that Bob the Hamster pic is drawn by hand. no copy-paste. kewl.
It's actually pretty close to some of the official drawings by James, I think.
Last edited by Spazman on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Official Ad for Doom RPG for CastleParadox, SlimeSalad, and DoomWorld:

...Only I retain the very gates of Hell itself...

Welcome to the future. The year is 2145, and the Union Aerospace Corporation is in control. Space travel is on the rise, and is at its pinnacle of development. For the past few years, the UAC has stretched its reach to the stars, with its new teleportation technology. The first few
tests have proven to be successful, and therefore, the tech has been shipped to various locations throughout the known galaxy: Mars, Phobos, Deimos, Earth, its lone Moon, and the recently-found world, Tei-Tenga.

The operations proceed further with this new reach to the stars. However, this does not come without trouble in its wake. Strange happenings occur throughout the base. People appear missing, dead, or sometimes, some never emerge forth from the teleporter gate. Then, in a matter of a few days, all Hell breaks loose.

Just about everyone still alive in the complex is slaughtered by the oncoming hordes. Only a few pockets of existence remain on the Mars moons. As for Deimos a few days later, the mooncompletely vanishes from space. All contact is finally lost with Mars and the moons a few hours later.

then, all is silent.

It's time for you to go in...

--------------------------------------

Features of Doom RPG-

-over 30 new weapons, including the returning arsenal from the classic Doom games: From the Chainsaw to the Ever-fragging BFG-9000.

-Use the environment to your advantage. Rip boards from crates, and use them as weapons.

-Legions of enemies straight from the Realm667 Bestiary, and the returning Classic Doom hordes.

-Hundreds of new areas to explore in the ever-expanding Doom universe.

-...and still more to come...

--------------------------------------

...And you are its prey...

Doom (C) 1993~2011 id Software
game developed by BiFrost Games Studio, 2011.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Awesome intro. This game appears to have a good future ahead for it.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

New Characters and Storyline stuff for Doom RPG:

Lorelei Chen, John Pietrovich, Dimitri Paramo, Thi Barret, Buddy Dacote, (Player) Flynn Taggart.

Opening Scene:
(Credits roll)
(Scene opens to a group of people playing cards)
<Player>
Dacote: I'm out. I gotta go on shift anyways. See you guys.
Pietrovich: Pay up or die, Buddy.
Dacote: I'll pay you after my shift, Petro. I've got some credits hid.
(Scene changes to look at each side of the Tei Tenga moon, and Mars Moons)
Chen: I'm up for another round.
Pietrovich: Hey, (player), get yer green-armored slime over here and play your hand!
(You walk over using controls, space at table)
(Player): Okay, gimme my hand.
(Scene changes to Buddy in the hallway. A monster's claw emerges behind him)
*Scream*
Dimitri: What the Hell? You hear that?
*Door to room opens up, with monster staring each of the people down.*
(Battle)
---
Afterbattle:
Chen: What...what the hell was that thing?
Pietrovich: If I knew, wouldn't I be telling you, Lorelei? I wonder how this damn thing got in here...
*more screams fill the area*
(Player): Well. That can't be good. Oh man. Where the Hell is Dacote?
*Dimitri turns around and finds Dacote's hat, labelled BEoS*
**BEoS stands for Butt End of Space**
Dimitri: Oh damn. Those things must have him. We gotta go after em.
Pietrovich: Ok then. Marines, load up your gear and split up. If we find anything unusual, message each other via voice-comm. Move out!
*Group splits up, leaving player in the middle of the hallway.*
(End Intro)
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Brand new area for the Doom RPG Game. It kinda serves as a training area/game intro place, but after this area is done, then I'm going on to detail the other areas, since they need it bad. anyway, here's a pic of the work-in-progress of the Tei Tenga hangar hallway.

Image[/img]
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I like your training area. And, it is good to hear that your going to graphically improve the other areas; they need it.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Here's some artwork I have planned for the game. I need feedback though, just to see if they're any good. I have my ways of putting them in the OHRRPGCE...

Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Here are the finished graphics, and ready to import into the OHRRPGCE: