Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Mogri wrote:I am not sure how you would test that theory. It should be impossible for two units to occupy the same tile. The fix should be easy, though.
I am not talking about dead units who are still on the map, I mean dead units who are dead-dead, and their souls have turned to crystal. Those units are still targetable by Math Skill, and a live unit should easily be able to stand on one.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Oh! That's interesting. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about testing your theory, since I can get it fixed quickly.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Thieves can't use the Steal Shield ability, what's up with that D:

Also, I'm getting an error when i try to use any other kind of steal.
"Notice: Undefined index: k in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 2392" This was in battle #88 :(
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

RMSephy wrote:Thieves can't use the Steal Shield ability, what's up with that D:

Also, I'm getting an error when i try to use any other kind of steal.
"Notice: Undefined index: k in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 2392" This was in battle #88 :(
Fixed both issues, thanks. I also had Steal Accessry dummied out because for some reason I thought it didn't exist in the actual game. This has been fixed, too.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Phoenix down seems to have no effect.

This is just a wild guess, but I have a theory. If a character is killed, you let their HP go negative, yes? so maybe Merovingian has 76 HP left, and he gets attacked and killed with 140 damage. That should leave him dead with -64 HP, right?

Then Mai uses a phoenix down on him, which is supposed to revive him with 1 hp, but instead it just adds 1 hp to his current value, leaving him still dead with -63 hp. Could that be what is happening?

EDIT: Also, some dances don't seem to do antyhing. Slow Dance, Wiznabius and Last Dance seem to have no effect. Polka Polka seems to work just fine.

EDIT: Also, it appears that when you have two weapons attacked, damage is not displayed properly, even though damage is inflicted correctly.
80: Marius (A) attacks E10. It misses Mai (E). Mai (E) Mai (E) dies!
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

James Paige wrote:Then Mai uses a phoenix down on him, which is supposed to revive him with 1 hp, but instead it just adds 1 hp to his current value, leaving him still dead with -63 hp. Could that be what is happening?
No, Dead is a status that exists independent of Hp. Unfortunately, it's not just Phoenix Down -- Revive doesn't seem to work either, and I'd wager other life-giving abilities are also broken.
EDIT: Also, some dances don't seem to do antyhing. Slow Dance, Wiznabius and Last Dance seem to have no effect. Polka Polka seems to work just fine.
That's news to me. Are the previews working?
EDIT: Also, it appears that when you have two weapons attacked, damage is not displayed properly, even though damage is inflicted correctly.
That is really weird, since both portions are being processed by the same code. This was just a regular Attack command, right?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Mogri wrote:No, Dead is a status that exists independent of Hp. Unfortunately, it's not just Phoenix Down -- Revive doesn't seem to work either, and I'd wager other life-giving abilities are also broken.
Angel Ring auto-revive works fine, if that helps.

Oh, and I remember quite a while ago, trying to use Shout to revive somebody, and it failed just like Phoenix down fails.
Mogri wrote:
That's news to me. Are the previews working?
Yes, the previews look correct for all dances I have tested. Also, after further testing in Battle #112, it seems more like dances are failing randomly. One of RMSephy's Wiznabus dances worked, but others failed. And although my first couple Polka Polka worked fine, then it failed after that.

Mogri wrote:
That is really weird, since both portions are being processed by the same code. This was just a regular Attack command, right?
I think so, but that was RMSephy attacking my unit, so I am not 100% sure.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

More dancer insanity. In battle 113, my dancer use Polka Polka and it worked on everybody in both teams. The preview correctly only targeted the opposing team.
20: Maricela (E) performs Polka Polka. It misses Maricela (E). Memnon (F) loses 1 PA. Messinae (A) loses 1 PA. Mantra (G) loses 1 PA. It misses Merovingian (H). It misses Dallas (D). It misses Rock (J). It misses Lynn (B). Claire (C) loses 1 PA. It misses Marius (I).
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Claire (C) uses Shell 2 on M13. It misses Merovingian (H). Maricela (E) is shielded from magic. It misses Memnon (F). It misses Messinae (A). It misses Mantra (G). Claire (C) is shielded from magic.
White magic madness too! I cast a Shell spell and it hit units on the other side of the map! :O

And this is sort of minor, but maybe have break attacks check if there's an item to break first. :O
Dallas (D) uses Weapon Break on C9. Merovingian (H)'s Rune Blade is broken. Merovingian (H)'s (empty) is broken.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

RMSephy wrote:
Claire (C) uses Shell 2 on M13. It misses Merovingian (H). Maricela (E) is shielded from magic. It misses Memnon (F). It misses Messinae (A). It misses Mantra (G). Claire (C) is shielded from magic.
White magic madness too! I cast a Shell spell and it hit units on the other side of the map! :O
it sort of looks like it re-used the target from my Haste 2 on the previous round.

<s>EDIT: one other thing, the special effects from Elemental skill, <s>and the special effects on Draw Out</s> always say 25% in the preview, but I can't remember ever seeing a single one succeed. Is that damage estimate really accurate?

EDIT2: Okay, I retract my statement about Draw Out, I did see a unit get confuse status that way. I still haven't seen an Elemental status yet. Maybe I am unlucky?</s>

EDIT3: okay, I am full of crap :)

EDIT4: but this one is real:
44: Messinae (A) attacks D12.
44: Mantra (G) uses Muramasa on D11.
44: Current clocktick.
Messinae was attacking with Mythril Gun, and it was supposed to hit 100%
Mantra's Muramasa was supposed to hit two units 100%

EDIT5: Targeting an enemy unit with a regular attack while a Healing Rod is equipped, says the following on the preview:
Notice: Undefined index: currHP in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 1790
&#8594;Spoonweaver (0%)

* Hp +0
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Dash and Throw Stone don't seem to work. Throw Stone tells me I have a 100% chance to hit but doesn't give a damage estimate (the attack still ends up not doing anything). Dash gives me the following error:
Notice: Undefined index: q in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 2701
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

the main issue is some REALLY wonky targetting etc. like, the off by 1 tile issue, abilities randomly not doing anything, status effects causing abilities to not do anything (e.g. don't act = cannot be targeted), etc. i think that portion of the code really needs a nice bugfixing before we can get a good grasp of the other bugs that need fixing :P
reyesdtrojanman
Slime

Post by reyesdtrojanman »

Kajitani-Eizan wrote:....i think that portion of the code really needs a nice bugfixing before we can get a good grasp of the other bugs that need fixing :P
Your right dude. Its great to play the game if the bugs where fix. But it has more fun when you encounter some bugs while your playing. I love playing while bug fixing.
Lay this unto your breast: Old friends, like old battle ready swords, still are trusted best.
-John Webster
captain Qball
Slime

First battle

Post by captain Qball »

Hi, first time posting here; finally got around to checking this thing out. Seems very nice so far, aside from the bugs. I haven't read all 15 pages, just the last one, but I'm going to give a run down for bugs I've detected. I created two accounts and played a game between the 2 (battle #120).

-Encountered the randomly not hitting targets it should (throw stone and earth slash come to mind)

26: Kira (C) moves to I9.
28: Rubix (E) moves to K9.
28: Rubix (E) uses Earth Slash on I9. Kira (C) takes 308 damage.
31: Magus (H) uses Throw Stone on I9.

38: Magus (H) moves to E9.
39: Yang (A) moves to E7. Yang (A) recovers some Mp.
39: Yang (A) uses Earth Slash on E9.

-Golem appears to do nothing. I only had an 83% chance of it working, and I cast it twice, and both times it said the spell was cast on the tile (instead of the unit), and it said nothing happened. I now notice I moved after setting the spell, so that might just be a targeting issue.

8: Yang (A) begins casting Golem, targeting B1.
8: Yang (A) moves to B4. Yang (A) recovers some Mp.
11: Yang (A) uses Golem on B1. Nothing happens.

16: Yang (A) begins casting Golem, targeting B4.
16: Yang (A) moves to C6. Yang (A) recovers some Mp.
19: Yang (A) uses Golem on B4. Nothing happens.

- I noticed there doesn't seem to be a confirm movement when you move after you act, it just does it and goes to waiting....not so good for teleport.

- Also MP-switch didn't work. This was the golem caster, so I'm not sure if the two issues are related.

-dances didn't seem to work. I tried Nameless Dance and Wiznaibus, and neither did anything.

20: Persian (F) begins performing Nameless Dance.
20: Persian (F) performs Nameless Dance.
22: Persian (F) begins performing Wiznaibus.

28: Persian (F) begins performing Wiznaibus.
28: Persian (F) performs Wiznaibus.

Lastly, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel an action without selecting a target. For instance if I click to use the throw command, I can't cancel back to the action list, I have to select a target tile first, and then I can cancel. Not a bug, but occasionally annoying.[/quote]
Mogri
Super Slime

Re: First battle

Post by Mogri »

Thanks for the reports.
-Encountered the randomly not hitting targets it should (throw stone and earth slash come to mind)
Strange. What was the hit% for those? My best guess is that the attack missed and no miss message was displayed.
-Golem appears to do nothing. I only had an 83% chance of it working, and I cast it twice, and both times it said the spell was cast on the tile (instead of the unit)
This is a targeting error. Fixed.
- I noticed there doesn't seem to be a confirm movement when you move after you act, it just does it and goes to waiting....not so good for teleport.
First I've heard of this!
- Also MP-switch didn't work. This was the golem caster, so I'm not sure if the two issues are related.
Reaction abilities only have a Brave% chance of working. How many times did you try?
-dances didn't seem to work. I tried Nameless Dance and Wiznaibus, and neither did anything.
This is news to me as well. Did the targeting preview display correctly? How many units did it target? Offhand, I don't think Dance displays miss messages.
Lastly, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel an action without selecting a target.
This is an oversight, but you can just press Back on your browser for now.