Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Semi-3D map view: great or bad?

I feel like it gives a better sense of depth, which is important, but it also makes the map feel disorganized. Maybe I'll make it toggleable and add some animation.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Mogri wrote:Semi-3D map view: great or bad?

I feel like it gives a better sense of depth, which is important, but it also makes the map feel disorganized. Maybe I'll make it toggleable and add some animation.
I think it looks pretty cool, but I also second the toggle
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

You can now cycle through four depth settings by clicking on the top left cell of the map (the blank cell to the left of "A" and above "1").

The default setting is 1x. At this setting, there is no visual difference between an integer height and the half height above it (i.e. 1h and 1.5h look the same, and so on). You can cycle through 2x and 3x before returning to 0x (the flat map that was the only option before today).

I personally think 3x is pretty sweet, but I will not be offended if you object to the terrain floating off the map.

And with that, we'll bump the version number. Enjoy!
Last edited by Mogri on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

sick. at least for the map we're currently on, the 3D looks amazing. i checked for some of the other maps and it looks pretty disorganized since they aren't maps with a clear structure (smooth hill with a bridge over water). but that's what the toggle is for, i assume!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Next up on my to-do list is everyone's favorite gimmick Job: the Mime.

To aid in testing the Mime, I've added a new map. This map is already available, but it won't really unlock its full potential until the Mime is ready to go. Here's the Stadium map:

And here are the rules for the Mime Stadium metagame:
  • The lower half of the map may not contain any non-Mime units.
  • Units on the top half of the map are forbidden from directly interacting with Mimes or enemy units. Any player whose non-Mime deals damage to or inflicts a status on an enemy or non-Mime is disqualified. (This means Math Skill is usually a bad idea.)
  • Units may not cross over the obstacle boundaries (e.g. with Teleport).
  • Mimes may not act directly. They are only allowed to mimic the actions of their teammates. Mimes are free to move, however.
  • The first player to eliminate the other player's Mimes is the winner.
Mimes are not ready yet, but the map is. Enjoy!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Hey K-E, when the Chemist's turn comes up again, can you recheck the Head Break bug? Also Lancer and Jump.
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

fffs too late. i *think* jump was correctly showing 30% and concentrate head break correctly showing 16%, but throw was also showing 30% despite the 30% CEv from the front (see bugs list).