Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Getting a large number of messages like this.

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: Status in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 144

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 144

Notice: Undefined index: CT in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 663

Notice: Undefined index: Status in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 144

in my battle with JSH, instead of a map.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Spoonweaver wrote:I started a whole bunch of battles and never placed my guys...
I didn't know I was suppose to.

In the fight Phoenix is talking about, he's fighting no one.
I got one of those, too. It should declare the guy with guys winner. Will fix.

JSH (and anyone else interested), you can start an open challenge. Set the other team to [Open] and anyone can accept.

Everyone, it's really helpful if you set a level cap or at least put something in the comments field about the format. Otherwise, the other guy doesn't know if he should play it straight or bring in his 97/3 Blade Grasper army.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

By the way, Holy doesn't seem to work. I tried to use it in my Spoonweaver match and it never showed up on the CT.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Huh, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Code: Select all

array('name' => 'Holy', 'desc' => 'White magic attacks by enveloping enemy within a holy light.',
         'formula' => 0x08, 'type' => 'magical', 'q' => 50, 'mp' => 56, 'cbg' => 0, 'ctr' => 6, 'cm' => 1, 'reflect' => 1, 'jp' => 600, 'cf' => 0, 'calc' => 1, 'evd' => 0,
         'range' => 5, 'effect' => 1, 'elem' => 'H', ),
That all looks fine at a glance, and BMG confirms those numbers. Did you get any sort of error?

@Spoonweaver: The map is there, but there are a LOT of notices. I'm fixing them, but you can still play.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

I got 4 errors at the top, but that had seemed par for the course.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Every time I equip an off-hand item, like a shield, the selector still highlights "empty" even though it shows up on my stat sheet as being there.
If I hit refresh again, my off-hand item will be removed because the selctor defaulted to "empty" every time.
So I have to re-equip it every time I refresh the page.

Also I started a fight with myself and it's not going anywhere and I can't get rid of it waaa

Edit again: You know, I get the feeling I should have played Final Fantasy Tactics beforehand, because a lot of this stuff is foreign to me. Tactical RPG, to me, equals Fire Emblem.
So, I'm off to "acquire" the game so I can play it and figure out what in the world is going on.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I have no clue what I'm doing, but making my character was definitely fun.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

After making a team and then deleting the characters for said team, I am left with a team I can not add characters to, nor can I delete said team.

ALSO: Nathan, you're not placing your characters. I did the same thing at first. You have to click the little lettered droplets and place them on the map.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I challenged myself to a match. I confirmed one team of me, but now I'm stuck.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Nathan Karr wrote:I challenged myself to a match. I confirmed one team of me, but now I'm stuck.
You really shouldn't do this. I'll be taking away that option when I get a chance.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Baconlabs wrote:Edit again: You know, I get the feeling I should have played Final Fantasy Tactics beforehand, because a lot of this stuff is foreign to me. Tactical RPG, to me, equals Fire Emblem.
I should point out that there are a lot of tooltips. Pretty much everything has tooltips. Need more information about an item? Tooltip. Need to know what terrain you're on? Tooltip. What's C-Ev mean? Tooltip. Zodiac compatibility? You better believe that's a tooltip.

(edit)
After making a team and then deleting the characters for said team, I am left with a team I can not add characters to, nor can I delete said team.
Removing all units from a team now deletes the team.

A NOTE ON TEAMS: You can put as many units as you want on a team. The battle's restrictions will limit the number of units you can place, but there's no limit to the number you can actually have in the team. Note that teams with units that don't meet the battle restrictions (e.g. level cap) are not allowed in those battles, so it might make sense to arrange your teams by level or something. No one else can see your team names, so you don't have to worry about coming up with a cool name - something that helps you remember what the team is for might be best.
Last edited by Mogri on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Mogri wrote:tooltips
I looked high and low, but only now do I realize that the alt-text / hover-text for various things was the tooltip you were talking about.

Also what is the deal with inputting your own Brave/Faith? Is there a cap of some kind, and what's stopping people from just putting in 99999 or whatever? I've been sticking with 50/50 myself, for some reason. Same thing goes for equipment, why on earth would I want an Iron Sword instead of a Mythril Sword?
Also as of writing this, the offhand item thing works fine.

EDIT: Before posting this message, I had no idea how on earth Final Fantasy Tactics worked. After a night of playing, a lot of everything makes more sense now. Also I re-read Mogri's original post and it answered the more obvious questions I had.

For the sake of testing and until limits are implemented, I advice other players to just equip /learn the strongest stuff you can while you can. If everyone goes all-out, it'll be kinda balanced I guess.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

We really need a way to delete a current game... I have three now where one of the players didn't place any units on the field.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Battle #29.

Notonly did I have invisible guys that I shouldn't have due to placing guys past the thresh hold. I had them all kill themselves, because Voltire didn't place his guys, and now it's just saying "Something unexpected happened!"
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It's a problem with identifying the winner. Should be fixed now; just go into the battle and it will declare a winner.