HamsterSpeak #18 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak #18 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue18/cover.html

We seem to be lacking something this month... reviews! Possibly because three out of four of this month's new releases are new weeks of three different OHR House shows and one is a minor update to an existing game. We've got retrospectives and features though, including three features that may begin making monthly installments!

There are also questions posted at the end of the News section for readers to answer, to try and liven up the Words from the Community section a bit.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only One In All
Metal Slime

Post by Only One In All »

Kennechi's cover is neat, and I can't wait to see a demo of his game.

Dunno about making a dance game. O_o It'd probably just end up to be a bad DDR clone, haha.

Apologies for not submitting anything this issue. Perhaps next issue, I'll have something nice to send in.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

I really liked the issue regardless. A very good comparison between one of the most well aged games and the most poorly aged.

Kenecchi pulled some stealth awesome into the issue, and his game is looking great.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

This was a great issue, I really enjoyed the interview and Monsterology article. Fenrir's art for Monsterology was great, especially the Walthrosian Fish, but the fourth image doesn't seem to load.

I always thought the Ralz looked like wood or poop. Fenrir's rendition just compounds the problem. The Yuk is pretty frightening too.

I hope you do complete Stinkmace. As short as it was it was quite charming.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The last image wasn't completed in time, but I didn't want to delay the issue for it. Once it's ready I will upload it. Glad you enjoyed it!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Warigo looks incredible. That screenshot looks unlike any OHR game I've seen.

You've got STYLE man
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I really liked this one, and I wish we had more interviews. The "Ask Fortis" article was likely my favorite, because it was a concept not brought to the magainze before.

But the Unc/Surlaw interview was real great. Fen's art for the monsterology thing was awesome too. I look forward to both the Ask Fortis and monsterology thing for next month. Good job everyone!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The final image in the Monsterology article is now online, so check it out! Fenrir's Yukuin is my favorite.
kenecchi
Slime

Post by kenecchi »

Thanks to all for the feedback about the game. It's just a map, a demo battle, and a ton of textboxes at this point though, so there's no telling when it'll be finished. I'll put out a demo as soon as I have something worth showing.
BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...
1 : INITIATIVE
2 : COOL TEMPER
3 : TIGHT DISCIPLINE