Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

Fourth...ded?
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Vouching for solo Bob because I don't know who the tall fella in the coat is.
And whoever it is, he sticks out like a sore thumb.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

The tall fellow is Kyle, from one or maybe two of Fenrir's games. But yeah, sixthing Solo Bob.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Baconlabs wrote:Vouching for solo Bob because I don't know who the tall fella in the coat is.
And whoever it is, he sticks out like a sore thumb.
It's the hair.

And this is coming from the artist, but I'm inclined to agree with the "Solo Bob", since he's the iconic OHR character. I mean, if it weren't for James (or Bob) there would be no OHRRPGCE!
Sh4d0ws
Slime Knight

Post by Sh4d0ws »

I'll be withdrawing.

It's just too hard for me to accomplish anything, given my current position.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

A note to those withdrawing: The contest doesn't end for another six months. Instead of withdrawing, just decide by November 30th whether your game is ready. As far as I know, James will continue to stomp those bugs for the ransom, so withdrawing isn't going to change anything.

Also, someone, somewhere, wondered if Heart of the OHR will make a second appearance. I've been thinking about it a bit, and I'm pretty sure I'll do it again someday, especially if this one goes well. But with the sharp decline in popularity that my other contest series, Epic Marathon, has suffered from over the years, I'm going to be careful how to handle the future of this contest. More than likely, this contest, if we have a second one, will happen again in two or three years. I don't want to burn people out with the same idea year after year.

And just for the record, Epic Marathon 7 was supposed to happen on June 1st this year, but I've decided instead to give the series a break. At the earliest, I'll bring it back in mid-2011, but more than likely I'll be holding off until 2012. If anyone is still interested in this series, then I'll have it sooner. Otherwise I'm gonna hold off until it can receive a fair revival (which may take more thought than I've given it so far). Just for the record, I only plan to do three more EMs before I retire it.

Anyway, don't actually withdraw until November 30th. You never know what inspiration may bring. Plus, the prize list is still incomplete. You don't yet know what else you're turning down by withdrawing. Stay in it until the day it becomes impossible.

Good luck. The window opens in two weeks.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Since you don't have to declare to begin with, "withdrawing" is pretty meaningless too.
Sh4d0ws
Slime Knight

Post by Sh4d0ws »

Since you don't have to declare to begin with, "withdrawing" is pretty meaningless too.
I'm sorry, but how is letting everybody know that I probably wont be entering anything "Meaningless"?

@James:
Would you mind if I changed my request?
I actually thought that positionable heroes would be fairly easy to implement. Guess I was wrong.
If possible, could I get the ability to import multiple backdrop at once?

And I'm still pretty out, but six months is a pretty long time for things to turn around on my end, so maybe not completely.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Sh4d0ws wrote: @James:
Would you mind if I changed my request?
I actually thought that positionable heroes would be fairly easy to implement. Guess I was wrong.
If possible, could I get the ability to import multiple backdrop at once?
Sure, although that is basically the same thing J_Taylor asked for.
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

Then I'll ask for something else. :D

How about in-game plotscripting capabilities? (probably huge, too...)
I mean like, a thing in 'custom', where you can just go and write the script, then compile with a tap of the spacebar, rather than the current write, click/drag, hit 'y', click/click/drag, hit any key, THEN check it.

I mean, that'd make plotscriping SO much easier, but I don't know how realistic that is.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I wouldn't mind making it so that you could choose to import an uncompiled hss file in the script importer, and it would automatically call hspeak.exe to compile it for you. That would take a step out of the process.

Unfortunately, it would be victim to the same problem present in <a href="http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/bugzilla ... d=826">bug 826</a> so that really needs to be fixed first.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Prize list has been updated. Consult the top post for details.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

The prizes are alone enough to merit entering! A free-for-all request for OHR? Awesome!