Barnabus Review 10 - F-Zero

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Barnabus Review 10 - F-Zero

Post by Spoonweaver »

This is game 10 of 30 games by Barnabus.

The title screen ( and title ) come straight from the game F-Zero, and the title music is Serj Tankian(from S.O.A.D.)'s version of the theme to Zelda.
(Which is very oddly placed)

The game begins with a lesser character from the F-Zero series, Black Shadow, whining about how the main character, Capt. Falcon, always wins. Your mission is to help Black Shadow beat Capt. Falcon.

The Race Starts, and the graphics stop. You control a little (scooter?) on the bottom of the screen by pressing A and S consecutively as fast as you can. After a couple minutes of this finger and mind numbing activity, you reach the goal and your score along with Capt. Falcon and Pico's (who's Pico?) scores are displayed.

The description of the game describes, "the most complicated AI ever created". I believe this is a comment on how poor the AI really seems to be. I'm pretty sure the AI's scores are just randomly generated numbers. Capt. Falcon seems to have his random number boundaries set pretty low. He gets scores in the 200's pretty often. After playing the game more than several times, I've never managed to get a score lower than 600, while at the same time, I've never witnessed Capt. Falcon's score going above 500. This leads me to believe that the game is in fact unbeatable.

But, I'm not hear to give up. If there's a hidden ending, I must see it. So, I played the game a couple more times, and tried a couple of different auto button programs, and......

Nothing happens after you beat Capt. Falcon's score. Friggin' A.

This isn't one of Barnabus' better RGC entries. I'd suggest avoiding it.
1 out of 5
Attachments
It's possible. <br />(did this one without turbo buttons)
It's possible.
(did this one without turbo buttons)
fzero0003.PNG (2.81 KiB) Viewed 1924 times
Go scooter Go!
Go scooter Go!
fzero0004.PNG (1.83 KiB) Viewed 1924 times
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.