Annual Introduce Yourself Thread 2010

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

ajguy93
Red Slime

Hai!

Post by ajguy93 »

I'm Anthony J. and for those of you who know me, you already know I lack some common sense. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a fairly new game delevoper (not professionally, I'm afraid) and I like rpgs, like golden sun (Y'all need to get that if you haven't heard of it.) I guess that's it.
Last edited by ajguy93 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Hi,

I've been with the community on and off for 10 ish years (since ... before zantetsuken (sp)?)
Some may know me as the troll Dr clock... I feel I have evolved past those immature trolling days and enjoy the ohrrpgce as a hobby outside my many other exploits. I was known as Satyrisci at castle paradox and released a demo in ... 2007? I have been working on a project for around 3 years in between study, work and family and hope to have something to offer the community in the near future :angel:

thanks for reading :)
masail
Slime

Hi

Post by masail »

Hi,

I'm Alex M. and I'm new to the forums here. I'm still a newb at the game design business, so once I get a game posted here I hope no one will be too harsh. I happen to be a H.P. Lovecraft fan too, and I got a laugh out of the use of his mythos in Vikings of Midgard. I've been a fan of video game and tabletop rpgs since I was a teenager, so it's a bit of a wonder to me that I'm actually making some progress finally in designing a game myself. I'm also an anime fan, and enjoy documentary shows like Mythbusters and Survivorman.

See you guys around. :3
When you don't know what to do, be kind.
--Mahayana slogan
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Re: Hi

Post by Baconlabs »

masail wrote:07egg.png
Waaait, haven't I seen that fried egg before?

Anyway, welcome to the community.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Baconlabs wrote:
masail wrote:07egg.png
Waaait, haven't I seen that fried egg before?

Anyway, welcome to the community.
Might make a difference if the other guy were more active. It's a public gallery after all.

@masail: Welcome welcome!
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

masail wrote:I'm Alex M. and I'm new to the forums here. ... I happen to be a H.P. Lovecraft fan too
... My name is also Alex M., and I happen to be unhealthily obsessed with all things Lovecraftian. :zombie:
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

Herro? Iz bez Voltire. I've been making games since I was 8, but they were pen and paper...I forced my brother to play along as well. I found the OHR while looking for an rpg maker online (imagine that). The first game I made was never released and was about an INCREDIBLY UGLY dragon.... Just saying.

I got better?
mjohnson092088
Metal Slime

Post by mjohnson092088 »

hey everybody. i've been playing around with scripting for a very long time now. i started by using the level editor in graal, a game which some of you might know, about nine years ago. i started learning there, making the most basic scripts (ie creating and moving npcs, making messages appear, stationary "baddies", etc etc). that was when i really knew what i wanted to do for a career. so, i decided to look for other rpg makers, and someone suggested the ohrrpgce, so that was the first maker i've ever used (thanks james!). since then, i've used other makers, such as game maker, rpg maker 2000-2003, sphere, and others. i was never able to finish a project though, due to my stupid sister reformatting the computer EVERY time something went wrong.
anyway, i have my own computer now, and downloaded the ohrrpgce again. glad to see it was updated since nine years ago, by the way! also glad to see that wandering hamster was updated as well! i started working on a game right away... however, there was much i needed to learn how to do, so i postponed my original project to work on a test game, testing scripts, formulas, graphic techniques, etc. i thought it would be a good idea to have a basic game-skeleton to work with, which explains why the beginning monsters are blatant Dragon Warrior rip-offs. i worked really hard on the test game. so hard, in fact, that i decided i might as well make that my project instead. thus, Final Dragon Legacy was born. i started that about two years ago. however, due to personal issues, i had to take a few breaks for awhile. all in all, i've probably only spent about six months actually working on the game... but now, i've decided to take the project more seriously, and have been working practically non-stop on it (weed helps).
anyway, i hope that many of you will try my game. well mostly, i just want some feedback. the game is still constantly changing, in big ways. i would appreciate any feedback at all, not just bug-reports. i accept all criticism and ideas. hope to hear from any of you!
catch you on the flip side!
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

Hello,
i'm new to this site. My name is marionline. Nice to meet you.

I stated using OHR about some time ago, but thought that it would be nice to share ideas and get some support by using a forum.
Finally I did choose slime salad, because it looked so friendly and green. :-)

I stared trying making games years ago with help of a book and blitz basic, but it did not work out, that's why i tryed using game maker, but also here i never managed to make anything that looked like an real RPG.
So i was really, really happy then i found OHRRPGCE.
I like OHR so much because i'm a lazy person, i didn't have to do any real programming, but i could do just what i wanted to do.

I haven't figured out a game philosophy yet, but i'll try to make my game less boring possible.
I think that's a good starting point. ;-)

From now on i'll be asking you lots of questions about making games and about plot scripting. ^^“
Thank you for reading this.

((I did not know exactly where to post this text...))
Adawg99
Slime

Post by Adawg99 »

Hey guys, I'm a long-time lurker; I've been following OHR for years off and on, always wanting to write a game but never getting around to it. I've got toms of ideas, but I always have trouble finishing said ideas. I'm hoping this year I can motivate myself enough to get some of these done.
Mewmew
Red Slime

Post by Mewmew »

Hi, everyone!
This is my first time visiting Slime Salad. It seems to have a more active community compared to Castle Paradox. Umm... I enjoy playing video game, I love to draw and have always wanted to make my own game. I've made a few before but they were pretty bad.

Thanks to OHRRPGCE Engine, I can attempt to make a game!
Oh, I'm really bad with scripts, so I might be ripping my hair off trying to get them to properly execute, then begging for help.

I found out about Slime Salad from the OHR Magazine through Castle Paradox in hopes to find a more active community. Umm... thank you for reading this. I hope to be friends with you all. よろしく~

Oh, I do apologize if this isn't the proper place to post... umm... since this is for 2010... Σ( ̄△ ̄||
Last edited by Mewmew on Thu May 05, 2011 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

Yeah, it's the right thread. Welcome! :D

There IS a lot more action here than at CastleParadox. It's part of the reason THIS site is the bookmarked one. Script-wise, you're not alone. There's probably like 10 elite and the rest of us are struggling. ;D
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I like your art, and also welcome.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Mewmew
Red Slime

Post by Mewmew »

Thank you for the replies! I'm glad you like my art! I certainly hope the elite 10 will help shed some light on scripting when we're struggling! (笑) ♪
ImageImage Arien and Fran HD Sprites
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Hello and welcome to all the new members :)