Duck Duck Development Journal

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Meatballsub wrote:Also, what did you guys think about the tutorial? Was it too long? I've thought about setting it up so the first few levels you learn how everything works while playing instead of having to read about it. I'm not sure whether I should do that or not though. If the tutorial seems fine as is, I'll probably just keep it like that.
My only complaint about the tutorial is that it used synonyms like "feces" and "excrement" instead of just sticking with "poop". Poop is a great word, very percussive, and is a palindrome too!
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

You make a valid point, sir!

Did you see this also?
Quote:
Also, I ran into a bug when I tried to exit out of the shop without buying anything. If you need any help with the menu scripting, don't hesitate to post and ask Smile

Really! I just played through it again and tried to reproduce this bug at both shop vendors and I couldn't get an error. Did you play with the bundled GAME.exe file or did you use a different one? I'm very interested in trying to figure out this issue!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I was using the latest nightly build, and I know it was the first shop vendor. I'll try to reproduce it again later and let you know.