Requesting Playtester(s) for my WIP

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Requesting Playtester(s) for my WIP

Post by Meatballsub »

I will soon be in need of a couple of play testers for my upcoming game; Homeward Bound: The Account of Duck Duck.

It will probably be a month or so before testing will be needed, but I thought I'd go ahead and scope out some possible testers beforehand. Most of the graphics are placeholders and I have mainly been working on the scripting. Once I get the script completed (which it is nearing), the rest will be cake.

Here's a very brief run-down on Duck Duck. Essentially, it is a puzzle game starring a Duck named Duck Duck (inspired by my friend's domesticated duck of the same name). Long story short (and without giving much away), Duck Duck needs to get home, but will meet foes along the way. Most stages will consist of three key-like objects in order to advance to the next stage, much like Kickle Cubicle for the NES.

Combat is a blend of the original Mario Bros and Bomberman. Your main offensive ability is feces. Yes, defecation. Basically, you throw down a white poop on the ground (like a bomb in bomberman) and your enemy can slip and fall into it, leaving them vulnerable. That is when you charge them and take them out for good, much like Mario Bros.

Killing enemies yields points which can buy you upgrades, and additional maximum health and stamina. In addition, killing enemies may spawn other helpful (or hurtful) items on the map. Get to them quick before they disappear!

Stamina is used for your defensive abilities. Initially, you will have a single "quack" which can be used when you are in a sticky situation. If your target is in line with you and you are facing his direction, you can "quack" and it will knock him back a few tiles, allowing you room to maneuver out of his way.

Again, more offensive and defensive abilities can be unlocked as the game progresses.

There will likely be 21 stages in the completed version. The demo will feature the introduction and 10 stages, one of them being a boss encounter.

Any help would be much appreciated. The game shouldn't be too long at all when it is in the demo stage, so testing should be fairly simple. I do need a different perspective though, and am hoping that someone will be willing to help me out.

So, any takers?
Last edited by Meatballsub on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Sure
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Thanks, Momoka.

Would really like one more person for testing if possible. There's a chance it may be ready sooner than expected considering how things are going so far today.

:v:
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Sure! I'd be glad to playtest for you!
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Sweet, thanks for the support. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress when needed.

With the basic game engine script complete, I'm just now starting on improving the graphics. After that, I have nine more levels to design and an introduction to create and it should be good for testing.

EDIT: Journal has opened for the game here
Last edited by Meatballsub on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.