Just a Zombie Trying to Get By

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Just a Zombie Trying to Get By

Post by camdog »

I've been working on a flash rhythm game based on one of my band's songs. I just uploaded a version on my website, and was wondering if you fine folks would check it out and provide some feed back. It's here: http://www.sapientgames.com/zombie/. I've noticed that it seems to freeze on Macs, so if any of you have Macs, it would be especially helpful if you reported any freezing occurrences. Also, if any of you have any experience with Flash, it would be great if you could tell my WHY it seems to freeze on Max and not on PCs.

Also, the links at the end are just placeholders. (Well, the bottom 2 are real, but they still don't do anything if you click on them)
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

Very often when I try to load the game it just takes me immediately to the "Play Again?" screen, and clicking on play again usually doesn't work either. I had to try several times to get to play the actual game.

But eventually it worked! I got 10516, then the next time I got 12091. It's pretty fun, especially near the end when the screen started tilting and stuff, that was cool. And it was nice to see a rhythm game that was more than just "press buttons in the right order."

There were several times when the bullets and waves would appear in such a pattern that there was literally no way to avoid them though, plus losing control when you got hit was pretty annoying, cause then you'd just keep getting hit.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

That happened to me every time. I couldn't get the game to run.

EDIT: But then I went back and played Pestilence. Whee!
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Hmm, it appears the preloading code is not properly waiting until everything is loaded before trying to start the game. I think that's why it's dumping you to the play again screen. I'll get on fixing this, but in the mean time, just waiting a bit at the "play again" screen (until everything is loaded) appears to be a good temporary workaround.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Testing using Flash 9.0 r124 on Firefox 3 on Ubuntu Linux

I had the same "Play Again?" problem. I notice that the only part of "Play Again?" that is actually clickable is the dot under the question mark.

I can move and jump, and my score counts up, but nothing else seems to happen.
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

James:

So, no music plays? And this happens after you get the play again problem, which is solved after waiting for a few minutes?
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

I had the same issue. No music. Firefox 2 on Vista.
Tried again, and no Play It Again screen. Might try hard refreshing.

Tried on IE and it worked. Does it last all the way through the song, I guess? Figure the bullets and waves are based on notes?
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

The game lasts for the duration of the song, yeah. It's about 5 minutes. And yeah, the bullets and waves are based on the notes. Later on, other events are also triggered by the beats in the music.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

camdog wrote:James:

So, no music plays? And this happens after you get the play again problem, which is solved after waiting for a few minutes?
No music-- although I assumed that was because of a totally unrelated system-wide sound card failure that I have been experiencing for about 2 days now.