Okédoké! - Review & Video First Impression

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Okédoké! - Review & Video First Impression

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Okédoké! is a really solid entry. The graphics are great, and very faithful to NES style. (Actually, I think Pepsi Ranger's comparison to Game Boy Color style may be even more apropos)

In terms of gameplay mechanics, this is an OHRRPGCE RPG clean and simple... at first I thought a little too simple. My first quest climbing the mountain with just El Garbonzo all by his lonesome seemed a little dull, and the battles seemed a little to hard and a little too repetitive. However, as I continued into the game, I found more and more depth. Once I found Señor Death, the battles felt fun from there on out. There were a few little details that added a lot to the battles for me. For example, from fighting a random tumbleweed, I got an item that taught me a new spell, which reminded me of the sense of discovery I felt the first time I found the "Imp" summon in FFIV. I also enjoyed the Schnish slime. The trick to battling him (which I will not reveal here) was intuitive and amusing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ph-R-0edpS4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ph-R-0edpS4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Finally I have to repeat my compliments on the portrait graphics. They are really great, and it seems that every boss has one.
Attachments
Soy Señor Death!
Soy Señor Death!
okedoke0001.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 3897 times
Crossing the Desert
Crossing the Desert
okedoke0003.png (3.03 KiB) Viewed 3897 times
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

So, uh... why isn't this review linked from Okédoké's game page?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I swear I have no idea what you're talking about. It's always been there.