Condensed Review: The Wizard, the Thief, and the Lich

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Condensed Review: The Wizard, the Thief, and the Lich

Post by Spoonweaver »

About - letters
This game is about, well what the title suggest it's about. However, what it doesn't suggets, is that this game is a tribute to the old adventure games for the computer. Back before graphics were commonplace they used to use font characters instead. You play a Wizard, or " h " and you go around town and find Thief or " h "(also) and then quest to kill Lich or " L ".

Gameplay/Fun - some
I did have a little bit of fun playing this. I'm a person who has in fact played those old games that this game tries to recreate and so I had some fun reliving old memories. The lack of content was saddening however.

Graphic Design - Vintage
As mentioned, this game is a tribute to the old adventure games for the computer. Thus, the graphics in this game are all drawings of font characters. Different colors are also used. ( Ooooooo....) Some of the map tiles stray from this theme though. For shame.

Audio Department - Default
Now, there's nothing wrong with the music that comes with the OHR. However, using them ( and only them ) tends to lead players to believe that you just don't care that much.

Scripting - none
There was no hint of any special scripting in this game. It would have been neat if there was.

Originality - none
This game is a tribute. So, at least the creator wasn't trying to be original I guess. Some neat ideas for spell names, items, or monsters could have helped this game out a lot.
Attachments
This is the scene right before the climatic end boss fight.  heh
This is the scene right before the climatic end boss fight. heh
climax.PNG (875 Bytes) Viewed 2143 times