left to right: pohai, alex, dave, will
squad.png (18.07 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
tileset progression
tileset progression
tile.PNG (71.75 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Really dig how you use the grid look as a design focus for some of the tiles, it makes it feel nostalgic. Good use of color and shading, solid shape design. I definitely want to see more!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I like the sharp angular look with the strong light source and shadows. Hope to see more!
Gaplan
Red Slime

Post by Gaplan »

I love your character designs, gives me such Newgrounds vibe :angel: . And your tiles are also great, but looks like it's kinda complicated to do them.
sorry for bad english :v:
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Still working on Tim-Tim 2.
Attachments
Susan.png
Susan.png (34.47 KiB) Viewed 5278 times
Gaplan
Red Slime

Post by Gaplan »

Well. Im sorry that I didn't released the demo for my game in this mounth as promised, the studies are getting me :zombie: . But I'm still working on it and I still have the determination to finish my game :) . I don't know yet when it'll be released. Here's to you some more wip screenshots. Also, should I create a thread for it to post screenshots in it, so you could follow the development?
Attachments
New style of battle maps, since pixel art ones took around 8 hours to make, and this i made in photoshop in around 2 hours
New style of battle maps, since pixel art ones took around 8 hours to make, and this i made in photoshop in around 2 hours
Dreamers0001.png (70.81 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
My favorite monster design by my friend
My favorite monster design by my friend
Dreamers0002.png (25.62 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
Dreamers0000.png
Dreamers0000.png (14.49 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
Some walkabout examples
Some walkabout examples
Dreamers0003.png (8.39 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
Last edited by Gaplan on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sorry for bad english :v:
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Those monster designs are amazing! The bird in the armchair on the top of the first one is a nice touch.

The battle backgrounds look great too. I am glad you found a more efficient method that gives you good results :)
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Susan's scorpion body is pants-wettingly terrifying!
vvight.wordpress.com
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Those are wonderful! Both styles of battle backdrop equally.

BTW, I notice that in the first battle screen the heroes are standing on the background. You can fit that by creating a hero battle formation.

If you're going to keep posting updates, a thread is a great idea
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Some more updates on the next version of FYS:AHS, almost certainly being unleashed upon the world before this month is over:

Those who've played the game already know that time passes as you get further along, with the school day moving from its third period at the start, to lunch after the power outage ends, and then to fourth period after you explore the area below the cafeteria.

After a certain event that wasn't in the first demo release of the game, time moves forward again... and now the school day is over, so the students are spread around the hallways and outside, rather than mostly being in the classrooms.

The Notebook menu is coming along really well. I'm really happy with how it's turned out and I may just have to rework the Puckadex in Puckamon to use scripts and strings and text-slices the way this does rather than just being a menu that opens text boxes.

The Characters section got fiddled with a bit (now instead of regular large-enemy sprites, the graphics are expanded versions of each character's portrait sprite as seen with Joguo here) and there's now around 50 characters who have a profile like this in the game -- ranging from the heroes to members of the AHS faculty to killer robots to... some random guy who doesn't like ketchup on his burgers. Of course, you'll have to actually meet most of them before their entry will show up -- you start the game with only Eddie, his physics teacher, the principal, and the two other students who spoke up during the intro cutscene listed.

Image Image

The Items and Enemies sections of the notebook are also in working order now. The bestiary is actually pretty much complete already (only missing enemies you can't actually encounter yet as of the current version), while Items is a bit more of a "WIP" feature, only listing food/drinks, battle items, and a few miscellaneous things like books and keys -- no equipment items are included just yet. I'll probably leave it in this state (and leave out the Places menu) in order to speed up the next demo release a bit.

Image Image

During the power outage, you can see the light from the windows on the sides of the map shining in. And hey, the parking lot actually has cars parked in it now! They're a bit huge, but I'm not good at drawing cars so I'll let them stay huge rather than trying to redraw them at a smaller size. XD (In a future version I'll make some tiles for trucks and Jeeps to add some variety... right now, there's just sedans and Volkswagen Beetles of various colors.)
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

My new HOTohr project

Post by Mammothstuds »

My new HOTohr project is about a little purple monkey and his journey through a demonic abyss. Stay tuned!
Attachments
Hanu.png
Hanu.png (701 Bytes) Viewed 5055 times
woahpotato
Red Slime

Post by woahpotato »

ugh

due to some of my ideas favoring more towards another engine, i'm going to have to move squadquest to the rpg maker 2k3 engine
all my assets from the ohrrpgce build, mainly the graphics, will be moved into the new engine so that nothing's wasted

in the meantime, i've got other ideas that might work well with ohrrpgce, such as a game similar to the likes of devil survivor

it involves summoning demons thru instruments (an electric guitar, a flute, a drumset, etc.), and battles will carry out like devil survivor. however, i'm currently working on other projects (a large piece of writing as a gift to my friend, squadquest, school stuff) and will probably not be able to get to this as soon as i'd like to

otherwise, i'll keep you posted on squadquest once it's completed and i'll catch you guys on the flipside
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Some Zelda inspired pixelwork...

Dang, I keep making this mistake where I post graphics in the wrong thread. This should have been posted in "Show off your graphics"...
Attachments
Void Pyramid Example.jpg
Void Pyramid Example.jpg (568.77 KiB) Viewed 4473 times
Last edited by sheamkennedy on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Very nice Sheam.
vvight.wordpress.com
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

johnfkennedy wrote:Some Zelda inspired pixelwork...
That looks super neat! I like the subtle pixels indicating where the paths under the roofs go, assuming that's some sort of secret passageway, but if that's more of a normal, not-so-secret passageway that the player's going to see a lot of throughout the dungeon, might I recommend making the tiles more noticeable? By just a few pixels, even, so people don't have to strain their eyes too much.