Hype Up Your Game Thread

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

walk cycles

Post by Soda_piggy »

ok spoon, you're on! i've been working in my free time to keep the project going. i don't have much free time with my job, but i just finished some walk cycles for a male base for the game. all of them are 4 frames. it looks a little more fluid than 2 or 3.

Forward

Side
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Impressive.

I too am feeling the strain of having a job and a hobby. I haven't done anything in so long I almost feel like I've forgotten how to make games.

As such, instead of working on a new project that would take forever, or simply plugging along at Legendary Heroes even though I've been getting bored making it. I've decided to update some of my older games.

I've begun making improvements to Slimes. People can look forward to that fast button they've always wanted, as well as full mouse controls and some Epilogue levels.

I also plan to update some of my other games. Tim-Tim "The mighty gnome" might get an update, as well as House Escape. I'm not sure what other game I'd update. The other ones are either so bad they couldn't be improved, or perfect the way they are.

Anyways, I look forward to the day when we can see your masterpiece Vampiducki
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

Sh4d0ws
Slime Knight

Post by Sh4d0ws »

WATER
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

WATER
Over a meg and a half of it, in fact.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

WATER
Because it already don't say that.
GONK. :gonk:
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Adult Male Base-Sprite Finished

Post by Soda_piggy »

Ok, here are the back, side, and front views of the adult male base-sprite. Just finished them up this morning. Took long enough too. :(

ImageImageImage
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Ooo, I like where that is going.
Spoonweaver wrote:I've begun making improvements to Slimes. People can look forward to that fast button they've always wanted, as well as full mouse controls and some Epilogue levels.

I also plan to update some of my other games. Tim-Tim "The mighty gnome" might get an update, as well as House Escape. I'm not sure what other game I'd update. The other ones are either so bad they couldn't be improved, or perfect the way they are.
Hurrah! Don't forget to fix Esc either instantly quitting, or not quitting at all. And did you ever manage to fix the wall glitches in the SS101 scripts? I can't remember.

More save points?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Hurrah! Don't forget to fix Esc either instantly quitting, or not quitting at all. And did you ever manage to fix the wall glitches in the SS101 scripts? I can't remember.
Well, I'm pretty sure all the wall glitches in Tim-Tim are already worked out. If any can find any at all in the current edition, please let me know.

And yea, I'm going to fix ESC. I actually had that brought up by someone who's OHr games always open up in dos and therefore had to soft reset their computer to quit. I really should have dealt with it sooner.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I'll go make another attempt at the latest version of Tim-Tim then.
Spoonweaver wrote:And yea, I'm going to fix ESC. I actually had that brought up by someone who's OHr games always open up in dos and therefore had to soft reset their computer to quit. I really should have dealt with it sooner.
But how can they play recent OHR games in DOS? Even if they ran in a full-screen DOS terminal under Windows, you should still be able to get out using Alt+F4, Windows key/Ctrl+Esc, Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Actually yes, it was ctrl-alt-delete that they used to get out of the game with.
I just remembering being a bit embarrassed that they had to do it that way.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Psst...

RETRO NIGHTMARE.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Put a black outline around your hero.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »