Review: Terrible Game Review

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Review: Terrible Game Review

Post by Nathan Karr »

Even I never did that, because I never released my first game, and I don't think being new is an excuse for being stupid. And I am among the worst authors of OHR games ever.

She discovers that there is no weapon shop, as the designer never programmed one. She is told that she must fight the boss anyway, who will be hard.

He goes down in three hits. He attacks about three times as often as you do, but his attacks usually miss and only do one damage anyway.

The sound effect used for the attack is pretty good. It sounds like a mix of an old pinball arcade machine and a chainsaw. Entirely appropriate.

The whole while, some of the OHR's default music plays in the background. Now, I'm not personally tired of this yet, but most people are. It was used to point out that most people are tired of it, and therefore it should be avoided.

There are a few original songs in this game, too. Either that, or they're so obscure that I didn't recognize them. They all sound nice, with one exception, which I will talk about at the end.

She exits the town, having had her graphic changed to the one that would be used in the game. This also messes up her ability to speak normally.

She encounters this gem of a plotscript, which places the boss enemy three spaces north of her before they fight.

This fight, unlike the one that preceded it, is impossible. It turns out that she's supposed to be a higher level before the fight.

She points out that she obviously can't get to a higher level because there are no random enemies to fight.

After much arguing, you begin to see more of the relationship between the two.

This is why I don't ask the woman I love to play my games for me. Especially not without playtesting them myself, first.

I wish that was the end. But, as it turns out, there's a few more textboxes after this one.

They don't really say much, besides pointing out that the author is 25 and acts like he's 10.

Then there's the fake script errors, randomly recycled ad infinium. There's no more to this game; after going through this for five minutes(maybe it was only two, but it felt like twenty either way), with irritating screeching noises in the background, I had to hit the X button on the OHR window to exit. Then I had to manually delete all my temp files.
This is sad. The game should have ended with a game over script instead of that long crap.
If it weren't for this last "joke," this game would have gotten away with four stars.
As it stands, however, I can only give Terrible Game Review a

Out of
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!