P O L I T I C S (Beware! Debates may lurk within!)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

the drizzle
Red Slime

Post by the drizzle »

James Paige wrote:Before FDR, the 2-term limit was tradition, set by George Washington. The <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-sec ... tion">22nd amendment</a> requiring the 2-term limit was not ratified until 1947, two years after FDR's death.
Good to know.
Yay for calm and friendly flame-free debate! ... or was that an Anti-CP flame there ;)
Wow, I guess that sort of was. I mean, it really is the same people on both boards but for some reason it seems to get more flame-y over there. Must be something in the water.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

the drizzle wrote:Wow, I guess that sort of was. I mean, it really is the same people on both boards but for some reason it seems to get more flame-y over there. Must be something in the water.
That's not quite true. The userbase is different between boards.
rubberbandiv
Slime

Post by rubberbandiv »

Obama over Hillary (Gravel over both of them, but he hasn't got a chance, so meh). If Obama, Democrat over Republican. If Hillary, Democrat over Republican, except in the case of McCain, which would require more thought. I suppose it'd be the same in the case of Paul, although I really don't see him winning the nomination. I'm registered Democrat, so I don't have much of a say anyway.
Teapot.
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

—- So anyway, how are you?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I see that the cannon on the left represents Curly's aggressive military foreign policy. The cannonballs on the right represent his opposition to international nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation treaties, and possibly also co-represent his own shiny round bald head.

But what is that thing peaking out from behind the leftmost flag? Oh no! Could it be! It might just represent the Communistic Specter of Socialized Medicine!
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

No, that's a trash can. It represents his views on Social Security.
—- So anyway, how are you?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

It's already too late for Dennis Kucinich to save humanity, but I thought this was convincing:
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I will admit I voted for Ralph Nader *twice*. Once in 2000 when I was idealistic and bad-at-math, and again in 2004 when I knew Bush was going to lose California by a wide enough margin that it would be safe to throw away a protest vote.

... but now I want to just grab him by the shoulders and shake him.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

found this on digg :)
the drizzle
Red Slime

Post by the drizzle »

That is freaking hilarious.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

the drizzle wrote:That is freaking hilarious.
It's even better 9 years later. It's so weird to see the same things about Hilary and how none of us could've ever imagined what would happen after Obama. Great thread.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

But what was so funny? We don't know, because the image is GONE

This is part of a PATTERN of bad netizenship by James! Claims ignorance to dozens of MISSING gallery images! Disappeared! #BrokenMedia

What's our republic come to? Those in charge get away with CRIMINAL irresponsibility in DUTY to maintain working links! #CorruptLinks

I have PROOF, dozens of dead gilgamesh links on these forums: CENSORSHIP!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I have more but my lawyers told me not to hotlink them all at once! ­Stewitus ­also guilty! #OhTheGnomanity
Last edited by TMC on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Haha! I forget about this thread, and I approve it's repurposing to a broken image link thread :)

I used to have gallery v1 installed on Gilgamesh. The upgrade path to gallery v2+ was very rocky, so I may have broken them all there.

Then I moved the whole thing from Gilgamesh to my dreamhost account, which certainly broke more.

I did make some half assed attempts at redirects, but they were never adequate.

I suspect all the images are still there at http://james.hamsterrepublic.com/gallery/main.php but I doubt any of my jokes were sufficiently timeless to justify figuring out the image url mappings ;)