Liquid Metal King Slime
Timestream Saga A.I.R. - Review & Video First Impression 
 PostWed May 06, 2009 5:01 am
Send private message Reply with quote

Here are my first impressions of Timestream Saga - Arcadia Incident Report. I was having a lot of fun playing this, and it shows in the video, because my mind is more on the game than it is on talking, and I mumble and ramble a lot, sorry :)

In summary, this game LOOKS great, and it plays really nice too. I think a little simple enemy AI will be transformative to this game. Right now the enemies generally just run around randomly, but even some simple state-machine AI will make them a lot more fun to fight. Take Secret of Mana for example. if you play that game for any length of time, you will notice that the enemy AI is actually fairly crude, but there is just enough of it so that the enemies feel non-random, so it stays fun.

Also, although I cut the video short before I reached it, I want to mention that I did get a kick out of the arena, especially the cameo appearance by GIANT EYES SURLAW!

Also, I mention something about building non-tile-based movement right into the OHRRPGCE. That was this plan, although unfortunately it is still a long way from becoming a reality.