Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Hi everybody!

I wasn't a fan of Tabuu of Ancient Minister to be honest, but I don't see anything wrong with Snake. At the very least he is an entirely different playstyle to me. I can't figure it out though.

After playing for a bit, I do agree that Smash Balls and the Dragoon thing are not fun. I very rarely get that super pokemon or any assist trophy that seriously kills, so I would say those should stay. I finally got a gamecube controller, and even though I still suck, I got the internet hooked up and my friend code (took some help to find) is:

2863 1450 6952 9934

It may be some time before I get around to actually adding people to mine and playing online, though. This weekend maybe...?
I am Srime
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

First thing I thought about Tabuu was, "Neon Genesis Evangelion."
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

msw188 wrote:Hi everybody!

I wasn't a fan of Tabuu of Ancient Minister to be honest, but I don't see anything wrong with Snake. At the very least he is an entirely different playstyle to me. I can't figure it out though.

After playing for a bit, I do agree that Smash Balls and the Dragoon thing are not fun. I very rarely get that super pokemon or any assist trophy that seriously kills, so I would say those should stay. I finally got a gamecube controller, and even though I still suck, I got the internet hooked up and my friend code (took some help to find) is:

2863 1450 6952 9934

It may be some time before I get around to actually adding people to mine and playing online, though. This weekend maybe...?
Snake is hard to figure out, but he's one of the strongest characters in the game once you get used to him. (Borderline broken, really)

I gave up trying to play the game competitively since noone was interested. Some of the items still bother me though.

I'll add you today. My FC is 2277-6301-0299

This weekend would be great. I haven't gotten to play Brawl with anyone for like a week, so I'm having withdrawals.

Edit: Msw, you have to post your Brawl friendcode. The Wii friend code only works for Miis and stuff.

Nintendo really should get this stuff better organized. :/
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Snake has a lot of disjointed hitboxes, his tilts and jabs come out instantly and can all kill, his special moves and smash attacks and special moves have a lot of strategic potential.

Snake is going to be considered one of the best, if not the best character in Smash Brawl for a long time.
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

0216 2047 2441 is the Smash Friend Code. I don't know if it changes anything on how it works, but I use the nickname Also.

Is it okay if I just add a bunch of you? I was just going to add everyone from the tournament thread that I felt I knew at all (I don't really know Hachi or Aethereal).
I am Srime
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

msw188 wrote:0216 2047 2441 is the Smash Friend Code. I don't know if it changes anything on how it works, but I use the nickname Also.

Is it okay if I just add a bunch of you? I was just going to add everyone from the tournament thread that I felt I knew at all (I don't really know Hachi or Aethereal).
I will add you soon. Just note that we both have to be online at the same time before it accepts that we've registered each other, which is really ridiculous.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Also adding you. I really hope to play the game some this weekend--for once I should have plenty of time.

Personally I've just been adding everyone I can since it improves the chances of actually getting to play.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Hey man, there were a few real good games yesterday. I might be on for some time tomorrow. Maybe I'll think of something to put on my taunts by then.

Probably not.
I am Srime
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Sorry I had to leave so abruptly. My girlfriend's in Brazil and decided to Skype me in the middle of the match.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Its totally cool man. It kind of looked funny when you stopped and I waited for a bit, in case you just had to grab the door or something. And then when you didn't move for a while I sort of came over and tapped you with my hammer, and jumped up and down a couple times, and then you just made a beeline for the exit.
I am Srime
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

We really need to start holding "slime around in Brawl" evenings, maybe once a week. I've had a real craving for the game this weekend but none of my friends were ever on/available with a few exceptions.

What would be a good time of the week, I wonder? Friday and Sunday nights are usually the best for me, but I'm sure that doesn't apply to everyone.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I'm all for that. My best night is Thursday right now.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Once I get off from work on Thursdays, I'm definitely game.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

It's kind of random for me, I'm afraid. But if you guys pick a night, I'll try my best to join in when I can. Thursdays confirmed?
I am Srime
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I can do Thursdays for sure too.