Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Not normally, but when there were a bunch of enemies onscreen my ally fell in the pit several times. I saw my lives go down and him change to the next character.

And even when that wasn't going on, he wound up slowing me down in other ways, or trying to make me rush.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I agree with ya on some of the characters Ruroni. I've played with all of them, and have avoided using some altogether, but the ones I have picked I think I've gotten pretty decent with.

I mostly use:

Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Fox, and Sonic (I'm not great with him, but he's a lot of fun to play as).

I'd say I play the strongest with Pikachu and Diddy personally. I've gotten the hang of Diddy now I think and he's definitely my favorite new character in the game.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Marth, Ike, Lucario, Pokemon Enslaver, and now Mario.
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

I've found that I need to pick a new alternate every week or else I get bored of the game.

In the order of use:

Lucas, Kirby, MetaKnight, Ness (Main), and Olimar (Currently).

MetaKnight is fun to play, but it just takes too much effort to win in a four-player free for all.
Of these, Ness is my most consistent character (I prefer Ness over Lucas for the air game and the awesome Mr.Saturn t-shirt) and I'm really liking Olimar's style.
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Surlaw is the best opponent ever when you feel like having matches that are 50% taunting and sliming around.

One of these days, I'll get a KO with FLUDD. One of these days.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

It's how I keep things fresh, even if it gets me killed. I can't think of anything more boring than using the same characters and moves every match.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I stick with a set few characters, but every now and then I feel adventurous enough to try someone else. But yeah, Surlaw is definitely a lot of fun to play, heh.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Hey slimes, I'm moving at the end of the month, and should have a Wii and this game fairly soon afterwards. I've played it once, but I forgot to check something, so I'll ask you guys. Do any of Wario's taunts involve "I'm'a Wario, I'm'a gonna win!" or "Here I go!"? If so, I may have found my main character already.
I am Srime
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

No, but Wario has one of the best combinations of taunts and hilarious moves, so he's still a lot of fun to play as.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Okay, the system and game are now owned. Internet will be set up soon, but I need a classic controller or something before I can come join the fun. Am I the only person who can't feel the wii remote/nunchuk controlling these goofballs?
I am Srime
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

- Required watching.

As for Wiimote Nunchuck, it all comes down to preference. I think there are some that like Wiimote Nunchuck.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

msw188 wrote:Okay, the system and game are now owned. Internet will be set up soon, but I need a classic controller or something before I can come join the fun. Am I the only person who can't feel the wii remote/nunchuk controlling these goofballs?
Use the gamecube controller if possible. I've tried Wiimote and it's horrible in both configurations. Can't argue for the classic controller really, but I assume it's better than the Wiimote.

Edit: Also, we're probably gonna be needing a replacement for Sew in the tourney, so if you're interested, I'm willing to throw you in. Nobody's had a match yet anyway, so it won't change anything.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Sorry, but there's really no chance of me getting into this tournament. We're still setting up the house and internet (thus my late reply), and I would want to get more familiar with the game before I play with other people anyway. I still make mistakes recognizing certain items, and the stages still surprise me with the simplest of things (meeting the giant purple thing in the big city stage was a lot of fun!).
I am Srime
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I think that for the most part the environmental hazards do far too much damage.

Also, the last character I unlocked was Wolf. You'd think a guy named Wolf who was a wolf would be made of win, right?
You'd be wrong. He's basically a cheap version of Fox(exactly the same kind of cheap that Falco was in the last game, and for the same reasons).
He's slightly slower, and his melee attacks do more damage.

Whoever said he plays more like Fox did in the first Super Smash Bros. is dead wrong. Falco is Fox with better jumping and a retarded shield. Wolf is Fox with more power and lamer B moves.

Anyway, I'd also like to say that while I hate Lucario as a character, I love the way he plays(making him the exact opposite of Mewtwo from Melee).

And as far as the story goes
I was disappointed to discover that the Ancient Minister was ROB
I was even more disappointed to find that the game's boss is Tabuu. I simply couldn't see any reason for his existance.
I hate Snake.
I hate Snake.
I hate Snake.
For some reason, Surlaw always made me think of King Dedede. When I found out that he likes playing Dedede in the game, I must admit that I chuckled a little.
I hate Snake.
Seriously, why did they have to include Snake?
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Snake is perfect and the Ancient Minister's reveal was hilarious. I agree that Tabuu was stupid though.