THE 2013 WEEK LONG OHR RANDOM COLAB CONTEST

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Go go go!! Argh!
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

Considering most people are taking some extra time somehow, I made a update to UNDEADLEIST.
Please you update to this version.

Improvements:
Can no longer press ESC to run, you have to use the RUN command.
There are Female Zombies as well.
Weapons actually need Bullets and Energy.
And some other minor tweaks!
Last edited by Shizuma on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Ichiro brought us across the finish line. http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... 9849#99849

Get it while it's hot!
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

Master K & SDHawk present....

TIME AND TIME AGAIN

A mighty witch is casting a spell that will destroy your town in just one day. Can you gather the resources needed in time to stop her? Can you get the hearts and minds of the villagers to your side in time? FIND OUT.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

misac wrote:Final Day Report

Forgot to post our entry on the thread.

NPC Life

Much HUEHUEHUEs to you guys
Well this has a joke, but the joke is boring, sorry. A subpar Hamburgerman RPG clone.
Great visuals and concept but the town's not very fun to explore, especially the item collection. I like the concept of shots that don't kill the zombies reducing their speed!
Gizmog wrote:Ichiro brought us across the finish line. http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... 9849#99849

Get it while it's hot!
Is there anything to do here aside from fight random battles and buy burgers/sodas? I feel like I'm missing something. The graphics are nice, especially the wolfpeople and the moon though.
SDHawk wrote:Master K & SDHawk present....

TIME AND TIME AGAIN

A mighty witch is casting a spell that will destroy your town in just one day. Can you gather the resources needed in time to stop her? Can you get the hearts and minds of the villagers to your side in time? FIND OUT.
Not finished with this yet but wow you guys really did a good job making a town that actually feels alive. I really like how the snowfall actually melds with the ground. The save system doesn't seem to work (I reloaded my game after posting this and everything reset) but this is actually a really cool concept and it seems to work well.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

The Wobbler wrote: Not finished with this yet but wow you guys really did a good job making a town that actually feels alive. I really like how the snowfall actually melds with the ground. The save system doesn't seem to work (I reloaded my game after posting this and everything reset) but this is actually a really cool concept and it seems to work well.
The save only works in the area before fighting the final battle. Otherwise it just saves what permanent items you have and resets (there's only two, one of them is the nap cap). Probably should have been better documented.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Well, here's the entry of team BMRSKIVICH

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99855

Not quite as polished as we wanted, but this is what we've got. Hope you enjoy!

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Well, I guess that's everyone that didn't drop out or never show up. We got a good turn out this year. I'm glad so many people took part. Hopefully you had fun. Good Luck
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

The Wobbler wrote:
Gizmog wrote:Ichiro brought us across the finish line. http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... 9849#99849

Get it while it's hot!
Is there anything to do here aside from fight random battles and buy burgers/sodas? I feel like I'm missing something. The graphics are nice, especially the wolfpeople and the moon though.
Unfortunately, that's it. We didn't even have time to name the thing. Like I mentioned before, we really screwed up in the middle of the week, and each thought the other was making a Herculean effort to see their vision through to fruition, and it turns out we both were sittin on our butts for the most part. There was supposed to be more of an investigation, some twists and turns and a final boss, but we just didn't have time when we finally realized no one was driving the car. but thanks for the compliment on the graphics, that's one part we specifically tried to make time for.
Last edited by Gizmog on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
crowtongue
Slime Knight

Post by crowtongue »

From least liked to most liked. I do have to say that it's great that 5 games made it through this and congrats to all of you.

Team 3:

Doesn't seem like you finished. Can't find any items other than burgers and soda, and the enemies don't attack at all. Because of this I'd rate this one the least fun.

NPC Life:

Made me laugh for the first screen, and maybe one or two lines after that. Wore thin pretty fast though, which was ok because it was over pretty fast.

Undeadliest:

I found the battle music more horrible than a zombie apocalypse. I stopped playing after I got annoyed with it. Otherwise I thought the limited ammo was cool, and really did dig the isometric perspective.

The Dungeons of Koh-Lah'B:

Randomly generated dungeons are cool. It was nice to see this done, and kind of fun to hunt for treasure for a while. Charbile killed me twice, and I haven't forgiven him enough to come back to it.

Time and Time Again:

By far my favorite, both in terms of the scripts and the general concept. I loved watching the day unfold in the town, the sun rising and the combinations. I'm going to actually see this one to completion but it is my favorite by far.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

TEAM Master Kawk:

:gonk:
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Master K wrote:
TEAM Master Kawk:

:v:

SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

Master K wrote:
TEAM Master Kawk:

I was a bigger fan of Team SDK...