THE 2013 WEEK LONG OHR RANDOM COLAB CONTEST

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

This is the final call for last minute contestants.
Also, Twinconclusive, please let us know whether you are still in this contest or not.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

OFFICIAL TEAM CREATION VIDEO!!
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

TEAMS:
Charbile
misac

marionline
RMSephy

Gizmog
Ichiro

Master K
SDHawk

Meowskivich
BMR

[s]6.
Sleepish
Mystic

Shizuma
Twinconclusive[/s]

Sleepish
Shizuma

Mystic
Twinconclusive

Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Okay, let's do this slime! I think my skype name is "thegiz1", my name on there is Pedro Gomez and my avatar is Goose from Top Gun givin a thumbs up. There's a million gamerfoxes on there. Hit me up, we'll get this planned out and fixed up, son!
Last edited by Gizmog on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sleepish
Red Slime

Post by sleepish »

Ready to go, I can also do PMs here as well as email, either works for me.
"a manticore asks a wizard whether it, only being 10% human, has a soul like they do. The answer is that the mere act of wondering whether one has a soul is proof of having one."
-Found on TVTropes
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I just noticed that Mystic hasn't posted since January and thus might not be in the contest any more.
Since, Twinconclusive or Mystic seem to be AWOL, I'm going to official change the teams.

So now,
TEAM 6:
sleepish
Shizuma

And ( if either of them show up)
TEAM 7:
Twinconclusive
Mystic
sleepish
Red Slime

Post by sleepish »

Okay.
"a manticore asks a wizard whether it, only being 10% human, has a soul like they do. The answer is that the mere act of wondering whether one has a soul is proof of having one."
-Found on TVTropes
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Yea, sorry about the confusion sleepish. Good luck with the contest.
sleepish
Red Slime

Post by sleepish »

Not a problem, thanks.
-Found on TVTropes
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

It looks like another great field this year. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best of luck. You're going to need it. As always, I have some choice words of personal encouragement for each of you.

To Charbile and misac:
Gray and puny fox, yours is the team I have the most confidence in. There's still a little of that brilliant game maker in your decrepit body, and I always thought you did your best work with my sack. Just don't get so busy double pumping you forget to make a game, boys ~~<3

To marionline and RMSephy:
I had the privelige to work with you last time, Sephy and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little intimidated to be working against you now. You were always a good artist, but now you've added plotscripting to your repetoire as well. That makes you one of the most well-rounded OHRers there is. Don't let him intimidate you, Mario. I've played your games as well, and you can bring plenty to the table. Don't be afraid to stand your ground. I'll see you both at the finish line.

To Special K and S.D. Hawk:
You two are real wild cards. You're either gonna do something really elaborate and stupid or something elegant and amazing. You're probably the best scripter in this contest Hawk, but that doesn't mean you have to script to win. Master K has some chops in that department too, and once upon a time you had some artistic talent to fall back on. I've been busting on you recently, K-Man, 'cause of the way you've been asking for help, but I still think you're a super promising noob. I just want to make sure you keep trying things while you're young and enthusiastic, so ten years from now you'll have all the skills you need to make the games you want to make. Don't end up like me, a 13 year veteran with no idea how to use the battle system. Don't be afraid to take the initiative, either. Hawk's a good wingman, he won't let you fall into any of the traps.

Meowskivich and BMR:
Meowski bro, I know I insulted your last game for being an obvious joke, but you're a great character. Don't let BMR get too tech-demoy and clinical, be the front man of this game. Put as much of your personality into it as you can, and it'll be awesome. You're both gonna go so far together. I can actually see this team up being the most likely to last beyond the contest.

Sleepigh and Mystic:
You guys are the team I'm the least familliar with. I know Mystic has done something, I just can't put my finger on what and Sleepigh is from Oregon, which counts for something 'cause it's a beautiful state. Go Ducks!

Shizuma and Twinclusive/Mystic/Spoonweaver WHOEVER THIS TEAM ENDS UP BEING:
Shiz dude, if you end up with Spoony I'm real sorry 'cause I know that's like your nightmare scenario right there. But try not to let it get you too hot, 'cause Spoony is a good scripter and I doubt he'd let his trolling get in the way of making the game. I kinda doubt TwinHamster's gonna show, but for some reason I remember him being good at that kind of thing too. No matter what, you're gonna get through this. In a field full of Apollo Creed's and Clubber Lang's, you're the only Balboa. Show us all how tough you are!
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Naturally the first one is Charbile. Was there ever any doubt? :angel:

Misac, you can contact me here on the public forums in front of everyone because we do not hide in irc or skype or behind PM's. In fact, we're spotting the other teams an extra 10 points to make this fair.

The first thing we need to take care of is for us to officially sign off on our game. I hereby do so. Now it's your turn. This is the only real rule, beyond releasing something. I'm pretty sure most of us are going to flake out anyway, but if they ask we'll give them encouragement and feign excitement.

Also, I have secured a new prize: Spoon's hat. This is only a first step, as I don't know what else he has available, so we'll need to figure out what other goods he has. Oh, and let me know what kind of game you'd like to do. Even though I'll probably just do whatever. This way, I can teach you about teamwork.
Last edited by charbile on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

Master K & SDHawk, Day One

Was pretty glad I rolled Master K, dude knows his stuff and he uses IRC. My only fear in this contest is rolling someone who doesn't want to use IRC.

So it was my hope that this year I'd get to work on my partner's idea instead of my own (because I almost never get to work like that). Eventually it became clear that Master K didn't really have anything he wanted to make stored up in the attic, so I dusted off an old idea that we both dug so the poor dude could get to sleep already.

The idea is both kind of scarily complicated, but not actually that hard to do. I think we've scaled down the ambitions enough that we should be able to get it out the door without too much fuss. There's still some details up in the air, but we'll get to them soon enough. I think we'll both have a good time making this, it's a fun idea and there's plenty of room to polish it to a shine if we get the time.

---

Of course I just realized that there's two ways to script the thing I said I was going to do, and the flexible+complicated way to do it probably isn't necessary for this project leaving me not entirely sure what I'm going to do tonight. Hm. I'll figure something out.
Last edited by SDHawk on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Oh, i like how the teams rolled out this time.

Marionline, please feel free to post in this thread about what sorts of things you'd like to see in our game (or you can PM me if said things arr too embarrassing to bring up in public). General stuff like what kind of setting you'd like (ie fantasy, sci-fi, horror, etc), or who the characters are. Try to think about a game that you'd have fun making :)

Thanks to Gizmog for the kind and encouraging words, and here's hoping we can have another great contest like the last one~
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

Hey, so we move conversation to this topic?
Good!
This will be fun! :D

Well, I like Fantasy and Si-Fi, I just don't like Horror. I don't like dark settings at all.
I could also imagine making a game with "real-life" like a parody of today's life or an educational game about history.
I'd like to make a game that entertains the player, with a nice setting.
For example like in pokemon, the environement is not dark or depessing at all.

Do we should choose a genre before the characters or the other way round?
:???:

For characters I once hat the idea of taking a english speaking hero and a german speaking hero and put them in a random game-world, but they can't understand each other, so they end up having lots funny of misunderstandings.
While writing I came up the the idea to make them invent travel thoug time, and make a game about history.
(Unless you HATE history. ;P Then we can go fro some random SI-FI-Fantasy polt, like save the Alien-princess from a dragon, if you like.)

I hope I didn't write to much. xD
Ideas start flowing while writing... :o
sleepish
Red Slime

Post by sleepish »

Shizuma, please let me know on here or pm or email how you want to communicate, and what ideas you have. I'm willing to work on most anything as long as battles aren't to constant.
Thanks.
-Found on TVTropes
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

what? I messaged you already hours ago. might help to actually check your messages.
Last edited by Shizuma on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.