THE 2013 WEEK LONG OHR RANDOM COLAB CONTEST

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

We're coming close to the start of the contest. You still have time to enter, just respond here and get ready to work with a random partner to make a game this weekend.

I'm going to ask that everyone that's going to take place in the contest to please log in and converse with your partner on the 6th.
If you don't think you'll be able to log on this 6th of April please post here in advanced letting us, and your future partner know.
In order to give those a chance who might otherwise get a partner that vanishes, I'll be DQ'ing anyone that doesn't show up between now and the 7th. Then either the people's who team members have vanished will pair up, or I will step in to complete a team or step out to make the teams fair.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I'm still a part of this.

Due to real life circumstance, I might have difficultly working with, or be completely absent the days of Thursday to Saturday on the 11th, 12th and 13th. I will try my hardest in the days I will be available. I really want to participate, despite that life is increasingly annoying me with schoolwork and other commitments.
Last edited by Master K on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

That sounds close to the norm Master K. Don't worry about it.

That last post of mine was actually targeted at people who may have signed up before the date change and have yet to reappear since. So, I'm not sure if they're still actually planning to participate.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

So, we'll get to know our patner on the 5th, and have to say hello on the 6th, right? :???:

P.S. I still want to take part, even thoug university starts next week!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I plan to post the partners on the 5th at around midnight. So it would basically be the 6th. I might do it a bit earlier on the 5th just so I don't cut into anyone's time seeing as how midnight for me might not exactly be midnight for everyone in the contest.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I still wanna give it a shot.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

I'm still game for game-making.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I just hope whoever is my partner doesn't want a supreme plotscripter.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

I'm in.

The best way to get in touch with me would be IRC. Failing that, we can just PM back on forth here on SS.
Last edited by SDHawk on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
sleepish
Red Slime

Post by sleepish »

"a manticore asks a wizard whether it, only being 10% human, has a soul like they do. The answer is that the mere act of wondering whether one has a soul is proof of having one."
-Found on TVTropes
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Let's do this slime. You can find me in IRC pretty much any hour of the day, I could pop onto Skype for text chats, whatever anybody needs. I wouldn't say I'm great at anything, but I think I've got enough chops with plotscripting, graphics and the OHR in general to help smooth over anyone's rough spots. God help us if we need the default battle system, though. I hope it's going to be a lot of fun, last year was great.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

I'm in like Flint.

Dear future partner,

Heed this message, and learn it well: teamwork is vital in a contest like this. For that reason, I will do all the work and you must try and look pretty on stage with me. You will also refer to me as "Great and Powerful Wizard", or "G and P" for short. And I swear, you had better not tell me of any grand story or characters you have already made up for this unless their names involve cutie marks or it deals with rule 63 ohr users.

edit: and i will probably demand different and more ludicrous prizes at some point
Last edited by charbile on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

/sign.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

What the hell, I'll sign up too. I might spend a few hours studying for an exam on the 8th, but I'm pretty much free for the rest of the week.
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

I'm ready. Skype only, "gamerfox".