bugfixin blueballgame

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

foreverblue2
Red Slime

bugfixin blueballgame

Post by foreverblue2 »

hey everyone,

so ive found myself with some time on my hands and thought that it would be well spent fixing what was wrong with blue ball game.
Ive noticed a few things wrong already but i would like everyones input on what was wrong and how i can make things better.
my plan is to get this worked out in the next few weeks.

I also uplaoded my newbie game for everyone to laugh at. any questions or comments about that game can be made here as well.
No need to be gentle :)
i uploaded it yesterday and not thirty minutes later the site goes down. if its so bad its crashes hard drives again, im sorry and i wont upload it again :)

thx in advance everyone for helping me be better!
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

freeze mode, 'nuff said.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
foreverblue2
Red Slime

Post by foreverblue2 »

Meowskivich wrote:freeze mode
Gone. Thx
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

The game displays an error when you press ESC to open the menu during game play.
foreverblue2
Red Slime

Post by foreverblue2 »

Willy Elektrix wrote:The game displays an error when you press ESC to open the menu during game play.
wow. i tried two copies on two different computers and couldnt recreate that one.

the only thing thats in the menu is the volume control. this was the last thing i put in the game. i wasnt happy with what i had to do to it to make it work and planned on changing it before i even had it finished.
Im not sure what that error was you got but after i script a custom menu for the game that error wont even be possible. (maybe)
but ill probably create a new error.

thx for letting me know. ive added it to my list.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I've never seen an error when pressing Esc either.

I thought the game was nearly bug free. In fact the only bug I noticed was that it's possible to overlap the right hand side wall by one pixel without dying.

I found the beginning of the All Out mode really slow. It would be nice if you could skip forward to the more interesting part somehow.
foreverblue2
Red Slime

Post by foreverblue2 »

TMC wrote:I noticed was that it's possible to overlap the right hand side wall by one pixel without dying.
you might be able to get four pixels overlap on any side if you try real hard.
i think the wall is part of the box. if thats true then touching the wall isnt accualy leaving the box. right now hit detection is set for outside the wall and i think im going to keep it this way. unless i can be convinced otherwise.
TMC wrote:It would be nice if you could skip forward to the more interesting part somehow.

how about a difficulty option? the way it is can be easy and ill make a hard version that just gets to the good stuff.

progress update:
* freeze mode eliminated
* pressing esc during 3 of the score screens doesnt force quit the game anymore
* thought about stuff
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Sounds good.