Galya: Legend of Hell Castle

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Galya: Legend of Hell Castle

Post by Soda_piggy »

The impending release of Galya: Legend of Hell Castle, by KF Harlock, is upon us... soonish. In anticipation of its release I'll be using this thread as a way to keep you guys updated.

Here's a taste of what's to come.

The Nightmare Begins
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
sleepish
Red Slime

Post by sleepish »

I like it, very 80's gamey. :)
Last edited by sleepish on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"a manticore asks a wizard whether it, only being 10% human, has a soul like they do. The answer is that the mere act of wondering whether one has a soul is proof of having one."
-Found on TVTropes
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I am excited about this game!
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Here's another to whet your appetites... Amour, a sentimental theme for all you longing lovers out there. Why? What? How?... or perhaps Who?? Guess you'll have to play the game to find out!
:hurr:
Amour
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Fragmentation for GALYA!!!! Now on Youtube!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Last edited by Soda_piggy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I like this a lot. This is going to be a great soundtrack!
KF Harlock
Slime Knight

Post by KF Harlock »

Yeah, the things VampiDucki (and TheCube!) have done for this game are outrageously inspiring. I haven't been around a great deal lately because I was navigating a pretty difficult move and some other logistical problems, but having this constant, dedicated output of music has been like the FORCE THAT KEPT ME GOING, in respect to keeping the project in my head at all times, even when I couldn't actively work on it. Now that things are settling down and I'm able to start OHR-work again, I'm even more inspired than when I began the whole thing @_@
SPELLSHARD: THE BLACK CROWN OF HORGOTH now COMPLETE! <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4363">Grab it today!</a>
crowtongue
Slime Knight

Post by crowtongue »

I'm looking forward to this. Dungeonmen has grown on me a lot the past few weeks, and now I'm thinking I should give Spellshard a go.

Have anything to share about this one? Or is it too early to say?
TheCube
Slime Knight

Post by TheCube »

Wow,this music is great! The VRC6 chip sounds more natural than I expected it to, and they just have great style. I might post the songs I wrote in this thread too, if you don't mind.

I'm glad that the music has helped you with the project, Harlock. I'm super looking forward to playing the game :D
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! :)

@ TheCube: Yeah, the VRC6 chip isn't so different really. You just get two more square waves with 7 duty cycles to choose from and a sawtooth wave. And of course you can post your music here! I made this thread for everyone working on or interested in the game to post music, art, screenshots, fanart, etc. As long as it has to do with Galya, go nuts!

Also, remastered title theme, right here!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

I'm feeling prolific this week slimes and slimettes! Maybe I'm absorbing energy from the WEEK LONG COLLAB CONTEST through osmosis. Anyway, here's the final mix of the battle theme, "Roll for Initiative," for Harlock's new game Galya.

P.S. Good luck on the collaboration contest! I can't wait to play the finished games! :)

crowtongue
Slime Knight

Post by crowtongue »

Portamento FTW! I love that part.

Roll For Initiative is definitely my favorite so far. I hope the soundtrack for this goes up on bandcamp or something after the game is out, I'd listen to it.

What are you using to make your songs if you don't mind my asking?
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Thanks crowtongue! I'm glad you like my tracks so far. I'd love to put it up on Bandcamp, but obviously I'm not the only composer on this project, so everyone involved would have to agree on that.

Roll for Initiative was really fun to make. I was feeling very influenced by both Stravinsky and rock music the day I made it.

I don't mind you asking about my programs at all. I'll actually explain my whole process.
1) I compose on piano first.
2) After that, I put it into Famitracker and arrange all the parts.
3) I export those parts and put them into Cakewalk Music Creator (cheap version of Sonar that I just use for doing a rough mix).
4) Finally, I send the wave file to Audacity to do final balancing and to export it as an MP3 using the insane preset to preserve the audio quality. Anything less than the insane preset will allow for artifacting (you hear it as a kind of metalic static that makes a LOT of audacity exported MP3s sound like junk). I hope that helps.

Also, here's one of the slower songs from my tracks, "Amour."

Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

More tunes from Galya just for you guys! This one is called Belial. It's a bit heavier once you get past the intro. Enjoy!