Minecraft Thread

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TheCube
Slime Knight

Post by TheCube »

Wallachia is a great name :D I was thinking of building it there anyway, so yeah, that'll def. work. Looking up the recipes again I think I'll only need 1 Nether Quartz anyway, so that's good.

I'll probably build a few around the world because they're not very resource-heavy and are a good source of easy, free, self-replenishing food. Also, they are absolutely hilarious in action. It basically just needs about 30 chickens to start the process, which is honestly pretty easy to come by. I've got a couple of massive chicken farms that I can just wait around collecting eggs in.

Maybe I'll make a tutorial video...if my computer can handle that.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Ever wanted to make a super-powered drill that bores into the center of the earth? Now you can! All you need is a basic Minecart loop, with the necessary Booster rails to make sure the cart on the track keeps going, and the new and improved dispensers! Here's how it works:

1) Put dispenser here! They are now capable of facing DOWNWARDS and UPWARDS, so for our purposes, make them face downward.
2) Load them up with TNT! They are now capable of expelling live TNT bundles!
3) Hold Shift and place a Detector rail on top of it!

Connect them all, make sure it's plenty high off the ground so your rails don't get blown up, set the minecart into motion, and watch the fireworks! You'll be at bedrock level in no time! Who needs manual quarry-digging when you have this?!

Just beware that there's a high probability that any and all valuable ores and treasures will get blown to smitheroons on the way down!
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I'm working on an OHR styled Texture pack!
Check these out...

Wallachia
Wallachia Two
Nether/Hellheim

And of course...

Note: That Lamp is animated. It swirls, whee!
This is still very WIP.

Minecraft also don't like it. My memory keeps running out, my texture pack gets glitched...at one point, it switched buttons and background splashes with the font files. It looked like something out of the Matrix...*shudders*

So, any thoughts?
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Make default skin in the pack the "bob the hamster" skin located in the OHR skin pack. And that reminds me, that pack is on my old computer, yet another thing I forgot to pull off it. Eh, I can always get it when I feel like.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Nice! I'd considered making a texture pack based off of tiles I drew in the OHR, but I think I ran into an issue with the tile sizes. Maybe it's different now, or maybe my memory is mistaken, but nonetheless I must ask, did the tiles match up for you, or did you have to do some editing and resizing?

If for some reason Minecraft considers your textures to be 'HD', then that might explain your increased crash rate. Wouldn't explain the glitched-up graphics, though. Go to the minecraft forums and see if anything similar has come up with the recent changes to how minecraft handles texture packs. Maybe there's an official bug on the wiki explaining it.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I do have to resize the tiles, but 40% reduction is the magic number that gets them perfectly fitted.
TheCube
Slime Knight

Post by TheCube »

I've relocated my base of operations to Wallachia to the house I built there a while ago, just South of the massive hotel. I've set up a small mining operation and I'll be building a chicken roaster at some point soon. I've also been smelting cobblestone to get smoothstone, then making bricks out of it (for the eventual wall). That's all being done in the little walled off section southwest of the hotel (off the cliff).

PS there's a secret in my house...can you find it? HINT: it's not hard to find so I don't see why you need a hint
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Just started playing again after a few months off. Ive contributed three buildings to Wallachia so far. Is there a smith-type building here? Haven't been able to find one but wanted to make sure before I built something like it.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Urgh...my OHR texture pack looks cool, but...it's terribly glitchy, and I cannot utilize transparency in my simple art program.

...Would anyone care to work on this pack with me? Perhaps help me discover why this pack messes itself up, or why it causes my game to crash when I use it?
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

throw me a link - i'll take a look.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Aha!

I finally got to the root of my crashing problems!

Not all the item textures were available! The game was trying to render nonexistant textures, so it rendered blank, flashing white, which would lag my game to the point of crashing when it'd try and resolve itself. I loaded a bunch of textures from my other pack just to test, and voila, no more crashy lag.

:D

I'd also like to thank Jack, who has helped me out with some transparency issues.
TheCube
Slime Knight

Post by TheCube »

I'd like to point out that there is now free food in Wallachia due to the sadistic chicken roaster I built in the southwest side. It looks like people have been using it a bit since the chest now has a good bit of roasted chicken in it. I also built a bunch of secret passages under the city...let me know if you find any :D
Snodrvr
Red Slime

Post by Snodrvr »

I would like to congratulate you Cube, That Chicken machine would put Colonel Sanders to shame. It's truly an engineering marvel. I did find one of your secret passages, Though I suspect it was because of a redstone malfunction that left the door open.

If anyone is looking for a Nether Fortress, I've partially marked a path to one pretty near the Wallachia portal. Just turn left out of the portal, cross the dirt bridge, follow the cobblestone pillars, go through the tunnel and keep heading straight. It's pretty hard to miss.

Also a shout out to Master K for building those automated lights.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I have updated the map at http://minecraft.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrss/

Wallachia is growing nicely. It is already a proud city, but I know we can make it bigger!

I noticed that we have quite the infestation of chickens. I am not sure if the auto-roaster has a leak, or if somebody went hog-wild throwing a few double-chestfuls of eggs into the air, or what... at first I found it annoying, but then I realized that they are kind of like pigeons, and they actually add to the city ambiance. Still, to keep their numbers in check I have taken to punching every chicken I walk past at least once :)

I finished a rail line that starts at Summoner's Station, just east of the Teleport House. Looking at the map, I realized that there are also rail lines going west from Wallachia, and south from the big quarry-pit. I am surprised I didn't notice those before spotting them on the map.
Snodrvr
Red Slime

Post by Snodrvr »

I noticed the chickens too. I've noticed that periodically if the chicken roaster isn't activated, The chickens in the second layer build up to the point that they push each other through the wall, resulting in chickens (Some flaming) escaping into town. I killed a few of the chickens in the top layer to slow the escape process.

Also, if you want to see something HILARIOUS, Check out the wall across from the Chicken roaster. You should find a canyon that is chock full of chickens.