Dunderstank: Chapter 3-"Ogres and Artifacts"

Play-by-forum D&D and such go here.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Ehaism's jaw drops, shocked to his core at the entirely plausible and probably true suggestion that Vire is his little brother.

Joy and love briefly well up within Ehaism's soul, only to be choked out seconds later by the furious bitter anger that bubbles up. Curse Vire for keeping this secret from him for so long! How could he!? How could he have gone all this time without saying a single world about whatever became of our dear old mother?
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion
Location: drifting down a hairpin turn HOLY SHI- HE OVERTOOK THE RX-7!!

Post by Hachi »

Dhiraj wrote:The one you're tossin' like dough 's a kobold. Whether they be closer to dragons 'n such over lizards I'll to th' books.
He waves a hand, dismissive, and then eyes Kolobor thirstily, before clearing his throat and looking about the table once more.
Dhiraj wrote:And if'n I had known we'd only have so many meetin' times before stormin' the keep, I woulda brought some ale, m'self. Can a friend pass me a spot o' the drink, 'cause the next thing I say 'll be a mouthful.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kolobor Ulpoh wrote: Ah, so this little creature is a kobold? Fascinating! Now I'm even more intrigued to learn more about them.

A drink you say? Here, on me!

Kolobor takes one of his mead-filled waterskins and tosses it over to Dhiraj.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Vire silently plots the human's demise while Liev furiously pecks at him.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Ehaism whispers harshly to Vire in draconic
Ehaism wrote:Svaklar ui dask? moxt isthasy...
Where is Mother? little brother...

And taking a deep breath, he continues a little louder and much faster:
Ehaism wrote:Si told wux ekess clax doege di jacioniv svadrav si zulf, vur vucoti wux jahen ergriff30 klewnoric juanth sva wer tairais, shar batobot ui thric sjaadur! jaciv ui wer ergriff dask yth tepoha, vur filki tagoa si abandoned jacioniv tiric ti jatil coi ui kepatmasto ihk wux ekess tir wer diieson! wer sisargho!
I told you to take care of her when I left, and I know you were only 30 minutes old at the time, but that is no excuse! She is the only mother we have, and just because I abandoned her does not mean it is allright for you to do the same! The arrogance!
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hachi
Retired Smash Champion
Location: drifting down a hairpin turn HOLY SHI- HE OVERTOOK THE RX-7!!

Post by Hachi »

Dhiraj drinks from Kolobor's passed waterskin and listens to Ehaism's rumblings-- he spoke quicker than he expected, but he chuckles all the same, just wasting a few drops of mead. He caps off the skin and speaks anew.
Dhiraj wrote:Ahh. As I was saying.

We a'int the first option in th' houses quiver. All'a them already tried to have some dealin's with that ballsy ogre, an' each'a 'em lost their messengers. If we want more support, wouldn't hurt to darken their various doors if only for an hour or so. I doubt any o'em 're happy about that.
He drinks liberally from the waterskin, and speaks once more:
Dhiraj wrote:The strength o' that ogre's more'n likely also connected to his madness-- his power comin' from a spellbook he keeps by side. Readin' is power, eh? Gahahah!
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Czolgosziel leans back in his chair and crosses his arms, more miffed than he'd care to admit that he wasn't treated with due reverence. He is a professional!

Czolgosziel says
10 seconds of prepping and a distraction will be all I need to take out any ogres we might encounter.
He pulls out his knife, for emphasis, and then, somewhat awkwardly, puts it back in his coat.

Czolgosziel says
And if anyone's darkening any windows, it'll be me. Perhaps you've heard of the legendary assassin, Czolgosziel? No, of course you haven't.

They call me the dark devil of....shadows. I've killed more men then all of you put together, and slept with more women then all of you put together to. I'm a master slayer of anyone who dares to cross someone who can afford my surprisingly reasonable rates.
Sensing the monolouge getting away from him, he cuts to the chase

Czolgosziel says
If you need some killin' done, I can kill. You need some sneaking done, I can kill. You need some ladies seduced? I can....
The ring on his finger glows ever so slightly, as his very form melts away. His clothes melt into his skin, and soon, where a slightly over trenchcoated rouge once sat, sits instead a beautiful and scantily glad woman with demonic wings.

The Succubus says
I can....wait...no....slime.
She melts back into the rouge.

Czolgosziel says
I can.....do that, also. That is also a thing I can do. And dig! I can dig a big tunnel, like I said, really fast? How? It's a mystery. Focus your minds on THAT thought, eh? And not any others I might've raised. How can I do it? Why, I have my secrets. I'd be a terrible assassin if I blabbed.
He turns to Dhiraj

Czolgosziel says
So there's a magic book, then? We should get on that
Last edited by Momoka on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kolobor listens intently to the assassin speaking. Much of the subtlety goes over his head though, but he is nevertheless fascinated by the magical ability the assassin shows.
Kolobor wrote: That was amazing, friend Czolgosziel! Hmm, I'm guessing that fascinating power comes from your ring? Such amazing wonders! If only my tribe could see such things.

Hmm... A tunnel you say? Then why not let's combine the plans, we go to this tunnel with kobolds, but instead of following the tunnel to the end, around halfway, we dig a new tunnel straight up into the building? That way, I can still get the opportunity to study these fascinating creatures, we get the element of surprise, and we can also undermine the structure of the building. If things go badly, we can always escape through the new tunnel and with a bit of work, we could even bring down a wall or two to allow a more effective frontal assault later on!
Kolobor pauses, then looks down at his drink before chuckling.
Kolobor wrote: Or... I might have had too much to drink and that plan is ridiculous...

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Ridiculous? More like outstanding! They won't know what hit 'em! They might even blame the kobolds for the whole thing! While they're running around through the dark trying to figure out why the floor's falling out from under them, we'll be free to do whatever we'd like! What a great team!
Between the plan, the bear, the succubus and the family reunion, Zoogy is super excited. And she got to hear the assassin's name. Czolgosziel! Gonna need more ink for that one.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

With a plan in mind, the group set out toward the underground kobold lair. Stopping a few hundred feet short of the entrance to the lair, the group chose a spot to dig their skyward hole. Out came the Lyre of Building and it's magical strings where plucked. Beautiful music filled the cavern and illusionary workers began to busily dig at the ceiling. As they did, doubts of the plan began to set into the minds of some of the group members. However, before any of the concerns about the plan where brought up it happened.

Reflex saves:
Vire-19 save (6 dmg)
Ehaism-17 save (5 dmg)
Kolobor-25 save (no dmg/DR)
Zoogy-28 save (no dmg/Evasion)
Czolgosziel-18 save (no dmg/Evasion)
Dhiraj-25 save (5 dmg)

The roof of the cavern caved in, raining rock down upon the group. In the shuffle to avoid the rocks, the group escaped toward the kobold lair. The way they had come was now blocked, and the lyre of building's spell ended by the cave in.

The group is now in a cavern featuring a number of barrels. The barrels are arranged toward the other wall in a barricading fashion. Though trying to remain unnoticed, the group spots two kobolds among the barrels. Upon seeing Vire, one of the kobolds approaches and speaks in draconic.

Kobold wrote:What was that loud noise?! Who are you?! What do you want?!!
It holds up a meager dagger in a threatening way, but makes no move to attack.

Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kolobor dusts the debris out of his hair and shakes his head to clear the ringing in his ears. He looks around, squinting in the dark. Unsure what is in the area, he shifts into his hybrid form, ready for anything.

Rummaging around in his pack, he takes out his everburning torch and activates it, illuminating the area and giving his low-light vision some light to work with.

Seeing the two kobolds, he smiles, fascinated by the little reptilian creatures. Though he cannot understand a word of what they're saying, they don't seem to be too dangerous. In fact, they look a bit cute seeing as how small they are. He takes a couple steps closer and tries to communicate with them.

Kolobor wrote:Greetings!
With that, he smiles and waves his hand at the kobolds...
Kolobor wrote:We...
...followed by an expansive wave of his arm towards himself and the others in the party...
Kolobor wrote:Come...
...making walking movements with two of his fingers across the palm of his other hand...
Kolobor wrote:In...
...indicating the area he is standing on...
Kolobor wrote:Peace!
...flashes a large and toothy grin with arms spread open as if inviting a large hug.

He stays in the position, waiting for the kobolds to react.
Last edited by BMR on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Head still throbbing from the rock that cracked him on the head, Ehaism takes control of the situation.

He lifts his flaming sword above his head, stares the kobold in the eye, and says:
Ehaism, in Draconic wrote:Si mi wer ithquent daar di shio petissei, wux zklaen tyrtrol ve! clax ve ekess dout maekrix, zyak jaci nomag vaex ghoros ve!
I am the god king of all kobolds, you must obey me! Take me to your leader, so he may bow before me!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Vire sighs and shakes his head.

Draconic As diplomatically as he can muster, Vire says...
[quote="Vire"]We mean to pass through this area. Stand aside. Our quarrel is not with you, but with the human who calls himself lord.[/quote]
Last edited by Mogri on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The kobold looks concerned as the party talk to it, though it lowers it's guard a bit. It almost seems to instantly react to Vire, but then holds back and seems to think to itself for a moment. Then, in common, it says:
Kobold wrote:There is a toll to pass through our lair, 1 g.. 10gold per person.
Also, we do not speak for the ones at the otherside of this lair anymore.
The kobold raises it's guard a bit while talking.

The other kobold looks at the one talking in what seems to be shock.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Ehaism wrote:You ruined my credibility, Little Brother!
Ehaism hisses angrily at Vire