NEW GAME! DUNGEONMEN: Men of Dungeons!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Congrats on getting second place in the RPG4D contest.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The grand prize winner says:
I was sure both Twilight Realm and, moreso, Dungeonmen: Men Of Dungeons would beat me.
Congratulations on 2nd!
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

Congratulations!
—- So anyway, how are you?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Ouch, beaten by just one point!

While I'm here I might as well say: great work! I love the dungeon exploration, and didn't think the character class and equipment options overwhelming. It does still have a slow start though, by which I mean the sizeable gap between the intro and when you actually start exploring the right area. I would have no idea how to improve that. I'm only an hour into it, need to get around to continuing.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

Just started playing this, but I'm dropping a quick bug note. When i use the wizard's warp ability, it sends me back to town but the screen doesn't fade back in.
Snodrvr
Red Slime

Post by Snodrvr »

For the last few months, I've been stuck at what seemed to be a dead end in Zambot Tower. Today, I finally figured it out. I won't reveal the solution, but I must say that Harlock and Shiz are two devious individuals.

I look forward to (Hopefully) finishing the game tomorrow.
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

I've come out of lurking to say that box art is glorious.

Downloading...
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
KF Harlock
Slime Knight

Post by KF Harlock »

Thanks for the congrats on the 64D victory, guys; sorry it's been so long since I checked in on this thread.

So I just released a patch for Dungeonmen that reduces the file size by 20MB, and also fixes the issues raised in this thread so far:

- Wizard's Warp skill works now
- Pirate's AVAST! no longer gets stuck in the air
- No more script errors on poison gas and explosion traps when the Light Aura was active

The one bug that isn't addressed, because I could never replicate it, was ncw64's report of the Crusader losing fatigue permanently as the result of getting a disease. This was a major pre-release bug that required James adding a new bitset to the engine in order to fix it, and it was then tested extensively, so I'm not sure what to make of this report. The only thing I can think of was maybe ncw64 was using a different version of game.exe than the one I distributed? That could cause issues potentially I think.

Also not "fixed" is the lack of portrait graphics, because shizuma is lazy :P

In any case, if you were enjoying the game but got stuck because of one of these bugs, the issue has been addressed! Thanks for playing and giving feedback, everyone, and don't forget our game is in the HotOHR contest if you like it enough to vote on it!
SPELLSHARD: THE BLACK CROWN OF HORGOTH now COMPLETE! <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4363">Grab it today!</a>
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I just started this. I've got a ninja, pirate, hunter, and illusionist in the marsh. I'm a little daunted by the numerous pieces of equipment and seemingly minute differences between them. Otherwise, the game seems very cool.

I'm very curious to see how the difficulty progresses between the 4 dungeons.

Has anyone completed this yet?
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcenterprises
Slime Knight

Post by jcenterprises »

Just saw a game on Steam Greenlight whose title reminded me of Dungeonmen:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
Last edited by jcenterprises on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I am stumped on finding the key for the door in Rudogo Falls, and I want a hint. help me OHHRPGCE POWER!

EDIT: Bug Reports
* In the Ruined Courtyard It appears that many of the "Look" zones ID's are incorrect because the descriptions don't match the room you are standing in, but do match other rooms. Maybe an off-by-one error on the zone ID numbers? Although I am not sure, because a few of the look descripions seem to be accurate.
* <s>Not sure if this is a bug, or my strange luck, but 100% of all disease traps I have encountered so far have affected the second hero in the party.</s> Nevermind :)
* Use a Panacea potion to cure a disease, but cancel without choosing a hero. There will be a script error because the "pick hero" command returns -1 when you cancel. (Temporary workaround: just ignore the error, and nothing bad happens)
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Harlock, I sent you a few bug reports via PM a couple of weeks ago. I'll start posting them in this thread.

Bug Reports:
*For some reason I still have the Marsh Key in my inventory. I'm pretty sure I opened all the doors in the ancient cave. Is there a purpose to this or was it supposed to be deleted from my inventory?
*The grey/gold/red ninja's animations are screwed up. When he is badly wounded and flees battle, he flickers between his wounded and dead animation. Perhaps I'm remembering this wrong, because that seems impossible, but something weird is going on.
*The ninja's disarm trap skill is incredibly unreliable. It doesn't even let me use it on most treasure chests, and when I can use it, it doesn't work half the time. This should work better.
Bob the Hamster wrote:I am stumped on finding the key for the door in Rudogo Falls, and I want a hint. help me OHHRPGCE POWER!
I don't recall having any trouble finding it. However, there are several chests that are not accessible via the rafts. Have you tried wandering through the acid on foot?
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Willy Elektrix wrote:
Bob the Hamster wrote:I am stumped on finding the key for the door in Rudogo Falls, and I want a hint. help me OHHRPGCE POWER!
I don't recall having any trouble finding it. However, there are several chests that are not accessible via the rafts. Have you tried wandering through the acid on foot?
Oh! Haha! Fund it easily this time, and I feel a bit silly. I had found a few chests that were not reachable via rafts, but until now it had not occured to me to just trapse through the acid on a systematic search. (I was thinking I would find it in the volcano or the tower, so I was spending most of my time in those)

Also, I second the complaint about Ninja trap disarm. What is the success rate? Is it using the Ninja's level as a percentage or something?
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Willy Elektrix wrote:Bug Reports:
*The grey/gold/red ninja's animations are screwed up. When he is badly wounded and flees battle, he flickers between his wounded and dead animation. Perhaps I'm remembering this wrong, because that seems impossible, but something weird is going on.
Actually, this has nothing to do with the ninja specifically. This happens to whichever character is in the first slot.

Also, the illusionists dungeon skill sucks. It's already easy to run from any battles, so avoiding them isn't that helpful. Plus it doesn't last nearly long enough. Is there already someone who reduces the damage of harm tiles? If not, the illusionist should do that.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Willy Elektrix wrote: Actually, this has nothing to do with the ninja specifically. This happens to whichever character is in the first slot.
Oh! This is an engine bug http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/bugzilla ... .cgi?id=75