Bug?

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

BMR
Metal King Slime

Bug?

Post by BMR »

I'm not sure if this has been reported before, or if I just did something silly, but here goes:

I was editing my hero stats, and I hit CTRL+Z. I noticed that the hero graph shrank, and the Level at the right also went down. I continued to do this until I got down to Level 7, and then CUSTOM froze up.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
jcenterprises
Slime Knight

Post by jcenterprises »

I can confirm this error, only it froze up on Level 97 for me.

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oh! Thank you for reporting that. Z was being used as a debug key there, I will disable it for Alectormancy+1.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcenterprises
Slime Knight

Post by jcenterprises »

It seems that under distribute game, Alectormancy is having trouble downloading the parts it needs to port games to Mac and Linux from Hamster Republic, although this may be due to the Wiki's current redesign.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

jcenterprises wrote:It seems that under distribute game, Alectormancy is having trouble downloading the parts it needs to port games to Mac and Linux from Hamster Republic, although this may be due to the Wiki's current redesign.
<s>Are you running on Windows, Mac or Linux? (And if Windows, what is your version?)

Does it give you any specific error messages when you try?</s>

Also, the distrib menu doesn't actually download anything from the wiki. It downloads them from... Oh hey! They are supposed to come from http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/support/ which is on the same webserver as the wiki, but not part of the wiki.. yet it is pretty clear that the wiki redirector is interfering with that folder.

Thank you for spotting that! I will fix it right away.

EDIT: okay, I fixed it. Can you test again and let me know if it works now?

EDIT: I am pretty sure that Packaging as a Mac OS X App bundle isn't going to work right for anybody. I am working on getting it fixed for alectormancy+1

I am still interested in any error messages you get with any of the distrib options.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jcenterprises
Slime Knight

Post by jcenterprises »

When trying to create a Mac App bundle, I get this error:

Afterwards, I get this:

The Linux port works fine now though.
Last edited by jcenterprises on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Yeah, the Mac App bundle option was all messed up. I have some of the bugs fixed in the wip builds, but it still needs more work.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

I'm not sure if this is a problem with CUSTOM, or with my operating system. Anywho, here are the details:

CUSTOM version: Alectormancy
Details: Back when I was using nightlies, I made extensive use of the Test Game option and it worked fine. It still works fine under Alectormancy, but on occasion, after using it, when I try to exit CUSTOM via the menu, it gives me a warning that I'm still using the live preview feature, when in fact I'm not. I just tell it to go ahead and close everything, and nothing bad seems to happen. It doesn't really affect my game, but I thought I should raise this.

Anywho, no danger of Legacy being damaged, I back it up every day pretty much, hehe.

TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Thanks for mentioning it. I notice that it happens if you quit Game while in Custom's quit game menu. Anyway, the code could be more robust.

But quitting while Game is running is always harmless; it just forces it to quit.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

I think this is another one, I don't recall encountering this before.

When I'm in the "Hero Elemental Resistance Calculation..." screen, hitting ENTER on "Combine resistances by addition" causes the final value of Ex9 to change. After that, hitting ENTER on "Combine resistances by multiplication" also causes the value to change.

TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Thanks, fixed.
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

I didn't know where else to post this, but there's a bug in Alectormancy where heroes who aren't in the party who level up outside of battle are given level up messages after battle. This leads to things like the after battle message box being elongated strangely after 5+ heroes level up after a battle.

I don't have much experience with the ohr and it's not really a big deal, but I don't think it's supposed to happen.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Interesting bug. It's certainly not meant to happen; I'll fix it when I have time. Thanks for the report.