Hype Up Your Game Thread

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

A new challenger approaches!

just a screen from some testing done on my latest project; Rise of the Slime Queen. Raise an army and rule the Thirteen Realms! More as it develops.
—- So anyway, how are you?
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Something about those vacant bulbous eyes just speaks terrors to the deepest part of the human soul...
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Spazman
Slime Knight

How's this for Hype?

Post by Spazman »

Darn that watermark, but that's the new titlescreen.[/img]
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Dang, that's impressive.

I'm inevitably going to be followed by 2 or 3 others who will say the exact same thing, so here's some extra nitpicking.
Does the fire animation cut short in-game, or is that just because you didn't record the whole animation into the gif?
And do the selections actually work?
Is the skull an NPC used as a selector, as others have suggested? Does he appear anywhere else in the game besides this screen?
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

All of your questions can be answered right here, right now.

No, the animation does not cut short. It is an endless loop.

The selections DO work, except for Difficulty selection. Those "Work", but don't change anything in gameplay yet.

The skull is used as both an NPC and edge for textboxes, and the Flying Flaming Skull (Lost Soul) Can be found in-game as well, as well as variants of it.

There's more to come. Dun worry! ^-^
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Actually it's not a loop, it's procedural and random.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Oh. What TMC Said, then. xD
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

more data!

This shows the three slimes you can choose to take with you on your quest, and another option for the class Chosen One. As you clear each "realm" you're given the option of three monsters pertaining to that realm to take with you. Lemme break it down by hero:

Hero 1: Chosen One. At the very beginning, the player will be able to chose a class they want to play (only working on two at the moment, keeping the workload light) with four appearance options each, two male and two female. The appearance wont matter much, but the class will change your home base, your tactics in battle, even how the story plays out.

Hero 2: Metal Slime. This monster is obviously inspired by metal slimes of old, and works the same way, low HP but ungodly defense. He's basically going to serve as an item dispenser, and can use blunt weapons. Also, I wanted to play around with convention, so instead of a slime being made out of liquid metal, this little guy crawled inside a radiator for protection.

Hero 3: Slime, the original baby, and said to be Slimemother Abhoth's first born. This slime is more balanced stat wise, but is focused primarily on attack. He'll be one of the three archetype characters that'll fill in the spot your player character initially lacks.

Hero 4: Pinky. Metal is defense, Slime is attack, and Pinky is support. He doesn't have much going for him atk. and def. wise, but he'll have a number of buff and healing spells in his armory. Oh, and if you're wondering, he (it?) is based on the mood slime from Ghostbusters 2
—- So anyway, how are you?
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Getting back to work on this. No idea for how long until I get bored of it again.

First is a lackey from the as-yet-unnamed crime syndicate, the other is an occultist necromancer who may be psychic or a mad scientist under that cloak (possibly both, possibly neither).

I have three projects I haven't released anything aside from graphics of, two finished projects I still want to touch up, and two other demos I need to expand into bigger games. Trying to focus on the high-priority ones first.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Nathan, is that Maces Wild? If it is, I've got five words for you:

Heart of the OHR 2012.

Stay focused, bubba.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

"What we need is a will of iron. That's the spirit for the new TETSUJIN..."

Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

I'd like to know how feasible an 'export map to .bmp' function (or something of a similar nature) would be; I'm pretty sure that this map (200x200) is the largest possible before you literally cannot see the bottom part on the view map function.
Granted, 200x200 is still stupidly large (especially for an OHR overworld, I guess), but still.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Looks awesome Sid... what's it for?
I'd like to know how feasible an 'export map to .bmp' function
It's on the TODO list (and quite straightforward), but what exactly do you want? A full size shot of the map (~6 lines of code), a minimap (~2 lines of code), or customisable zoom (much more)? The later is what I want to add, of course.
Last edited by TMC on Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

@TMC:

Jus' a bit of a sketch I'm holding for later on down the road for after I finish Doom RPG Episode one...

Might change design later on down the road, but for now, that's it.