What's next for Slime Salad

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Mmmmmmnope. I could "fix" that, but the nature of the spoiler is such that it wouldn't make much sense to embed spoilers within spoilers. There's no easy way to hide images, either, though the link text can be fixed.
At least this works, though
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

A good strategy for spoilers I've seen used elsewhere is to use a snippet of javascript to hide the spoiler on page load and then reveal it when the spoiler tag is clicked on. This would fix hiding images and... really all the potential problems that have cropped up in this thread.

Of course, this would break for people who don't use/have javascript, but I assume those folks are in a small minority. Besides, you could always style the spoilers the same and then have javascript write its functionality over the spoilers, so it would degrade nicely.

[edit]
Err... yeah. I meant to also mention that I can read everything within the spoilers clearly. It looks like a black background with green text.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

What browser/version/OS are you using?
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Firefox 2.0.0.9 in Windows XP sp 2.
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Ok, I figured it out. It's all the 'allgreen' theme. It looks fine for me when I switch my theme to slime hole.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Aha, that's very useful information. I'll have it fixed momentarily.

Fixed!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Since the Games section is going to be used for more than just OHR games, would it to possible to implement some sort of user defined tag that appears on the main page letting readers know what engine (if any) the game runs on before clicking it?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I want to implement a full tagging system for games eventually.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Just wanted to note that when you don't get rewards from posting, it says something like "found nothing", but when you edit your post, it still says "Gained !"
I am Srime
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It's possible to gain stats from editing a post if you make it longer. Probably the post has to be recent as well, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, the fix won't be hard, but I've been working on other things lately (the PvP thing, mostly).
Mazin
Slime Knight

Post by Mazin »

You know how in a locked thread instead of a "reply" button at the bottom it just has a "locked" button? That locked button is still subSilver.
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

Iblis wrote:You know how in a locked thread instead of a "reply" button at the bottom it just has a "locked" button? That locked button is still subSilver.
Just noticed this travesty. I'll make it right.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks