Influx of new users

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Influx of new users

Post by Mogri »

Let's all give a warm welcome to our new members. Whether you've noticed or not, we've had quite a few in the past week (although they seem to be keeping pretty quiet).

If you're wondering why the surge in membership, it's because Dreamhost gave out a sizeable Google Adwords credit this month. Google is driving in the traffic, so let's make sure our new members feel welcome.

If you're new to the site, take a minute to introduce yourself. If you've got a game idea, we'd love to hear it. If you're unsure how to get started, just ask.

Enjoy your stay!
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Welcome everybody!
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Hi, everybody!

Hi, Doctor Nick!
xvi revya
Red Slime

Post by xvi revya »

Saw the link on your gfaqs account.

Thanks Mogri~
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

And you went through like twenty ingredients before you registered. My inbox thanks you.

Er, I mean, welcome.
Last edited by Mogri on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xvi revya
Red Slime

Post by xvi revya »

=(

I wasn't able to notice that the questions changed.
dogstick
Slime

Post by dogstick »

Hi, my name's Mike. It's good to be here.

Now that I'm registered, I plan on checking out the boards and trying out some games.

I have a project I'm working on using the OHR, more details as they become apparent...

Oh, a little about me.

I live in Illinois and I'm 27, male. I've been using the OHR for several years. All my old games suck, so don't expect to see anything anytime soon. Recently my hard drive crashed, and I've been using this laptop my dad gave me. Now that I have a new computer I'm developing a new game...I'm taking my time with it however, to make sure it's as good as possible. More details as I get farther...I'm still working on plot and other pre-game stuff.

Anyways, it's nice to be registered finally. Happy to be here and I'm looking forward to reviewing games. Bye!
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Hi Dogstick. I sense you are a powerful necromancer.
vvight.wordpress.com
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Hi everybody!

I'm Master K, probably one of the most active members, and one of the younger ones as well. It's awesome you decided to actually sign up for SS and not be a forum creeper like most others.

We hope you enjoy your stay here at this place. Oh, and watch out of some of the others. They're kind of...not all there.

Okseeyaktnxbai.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I've become a new user recently only because I had to get help from Mogri, as some strangeness was occurring with my registry...
But otherwise, I found here through the hamster republic, and I've been taking looks here and there and in more recent times decided I wished to join. I'm not one of the silent members, by obvious evidence, but I try not to be overwhelming by posting more than what needs to be said.
Kudos to the google bringing more members though!
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Welcome, guys!

(I dunno how to welcome Xvi since all of his dates say OCTOBER) but hope you guys enjoy the forum! I don't post much, but I lurk around reading the topics often, and anytime I've had any questions or joined in anything, it's been a great experience! As a heads up, if you post into the "Three Weeks to go" thread in Game Discussion (Pepsi Ranger started it, I think), you can find out more about one of the biggest contests this site holds- the Heart of the OHR!

Basically, you make a game that has to be an RPG, and you get a free, awesome, tee shirt for entering, and a chance at a cool prize! Ask pepsi for more info, but it was an awesome contest last year, and I'd say a great on to start out on!
You can't fix stupidity.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Groovy, a free t-shirt!
And I plan on trying out for that contest each year meself. AR-PUH-GUH! is going to be my main focus for quite a while. I won't spoil too much here for the folk, but you can check out me website if you wish to look up some stuff on it. Mind, it's a tad out-dated and will updated upon release of this version.
Direct website to the game's page: http://thecoconutofdoom.webs.com/index/rpg.html
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

dogstick wrote:I live in Illinois and I'm 27, male. I've been using the OHR for several years. All my old games suck, so don't expect to see anything anytime soon. Recently my hard drive crashed, and I've been using this laptop my dad gave me. Now that I have a new computer I'm developing a new game...I'm taking my time with it however, to make sure it's as good as possible. More details as I get farther...I'm still working on plot and other pre-game stuff.
If you don't mind me asking, where in Illinois? I'm in Chicago.