Review of BattleQuest RPG

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Review of BattleQuest RPG

Post by Meowskivich »

Well, gotta admit, isn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen, but at least it isn't the ugliest.

I honestly had no clue what was going on, or what I was supposed to do, and blue bandit just fell over dead at the start of the battle, making me believe one forgot to give him health.

What minor dialog that existed was at least decent enough, and I have to say that it was amusing to me how the rogue character will join you for a price, while the others just join you willingly.

The boat doesn't work, and I can just walk on the ocean water. The only thing I found out there was a small island with an NPC that resembled link, and the moon....well, I wasn't even sure of what the heck was goings on.

In the end, I had a little bit of fun, though I was a little bothered how regular attacks did next to nothing.

I say, if you come back to this project, pretty up the graphics, make a little bit of a clear story, or at least what's going on, and fix the bugs, this game could get nifty.

Of course, in the end, I know this was made early in your years, Master K, and as early as it was, it was decent enough.

I give it on a scale of 40 based on:

Story: 1 out of 10

Music: 0 out of 10

Graphics: 2 out of 10

Gameplay: 2 out of 10

total: 5 out of 40

If you come back and revise this, I'd be interested in seeing it upgraded, otherwise, thanks for the distraction! -Meowskivich :v:

SCORE GIVEN: 5 out of 40
Last edited by Meowskivich on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

To tell the truth, BattleQuest is a pure joke. I made it in my newbie days when I had absolutely no clue how the battle system worked, hence the name BattleQuest. I forgot all about it, then months later I dug it up from a flash drive, played it, nostalgia overflowed, I laughed, touched it up a little, and then let the world see my horribleness.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I see I see. Still seems like an interesting enough land, what with a blue water spot sending you to the moon.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V