Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

THE NEW 2012 WEEK LONG OHR RANDOM COLAB CONTEST

Post by Spoonweaver »

This is the official thread for
THE NEW 2012 WEEK LONG OHR RANDOM COLAB CONTEST

The contest starts on March 1st and ends March 8th.

Basically, You sign up, and on March 1st you'll get a partner who also signed up. (If there is an odd number of people that sign up, I'll enter to make all the teams even.) You and your partner will then work together to make an OHR game. The entry has to be given the ok by both partners to be accepted. The due date will be March 8th 2012.

The first place prize, will be fan art of your contest entry done by me, and submitted to the next available Hamsterspeak.

Voting will be the normal OHR way, where a voting thread is opened after the end of the contest entry due date, and everyone in the community has a chance to vote on his/her favorite game. To vote, you need only list the entries in order of which one you think was best to which one you think was the worst. All votes must include all the entries in order to count.

Sign up here if you're interested. Don't post if you don't think you'll be able to participate.

Rule: the game has to actually be a new unreleased game

All rules and regulations are subject to change at any time for any reason. No purchase necessary to enter. Void where prohibited.

Official Contestants Thus Far:

SDHawk
RMSephy
mjohnson092088
thespazztikone
BMR
Master K
TMC
Gizmog
James Paige

TEAMS:

RMSephy & Gizmog

BMR & mjohnson092088

Spoonweaver & Master K

SDHawk & TMC

thespazztikone & James Paige
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

Still down for this.
RMSephy
Metal Slime

Post by RMSephy »

I'll join in on the collab train this time. The last one looked too fun not to (up to the point where nothing happened).

I want to reinstate the journal from the last contest. I see nothing extremely about requiring contests to write one journal entry on a daily basis updating their progress on the game.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I liked the mini-contests from the last contest too. I think we should bring that back this time too. Like, the contestants have to have a game pitch by the end of the first day, a screenshot by the end of the second day, that sort of thing.
Last edited by RMSephy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjohnson092088
Metal Slime

Post by mjohnson092088 »

i'll enter this contest again. spazztik and i had made some decent progress once the project was decided, up until he started to be online less and less.
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy... So here's some lunchmeat... Sandwich, maybe?
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

And I'm making a return. Sorry for the significant absence. I've been busy with another oddjob. Anyway, I'm hoppin' back on this train. MJohnson, I'm ready and waiting on Yahoo.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

@rmspehy: Though I'm glad you liked my mini contest idea. I won't be doing it this time. The point of the mini contests was to keep contest activity alive, which they failed to do. I guess the colab concept was a bit too straining already, and adding more was just craziness.

Any way I'm glad to see that we've already got at least 2 teams signed up for this. I'm hoping we can get even more people signed up for this contest then we did for the last one. With only a week to make your game, the actually work required by this contest is pretty minimal.

Come on guys, I believe in you.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Color me newbie to the forums, but I'm game. Kudos to The Mad Cacti for pointing me in this direction.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I'm dumb enough to try again.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I'm going to wake up tomorrow and forget I did this, but here's me spontaneously throwing my hat into the ring.

I liked the minicontests too. Oh well, the teams can still challenge each other.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Oh god, sign me up.
Seeing as how the other collab isn't really working, this might be better.

I hope I can participate, with my busy schedule...
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Cool beans guys.

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for this contest, so if you're on the fence about, it's time to get off the fence and on the band wagon.

Join the contest!
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

It is with trepidation that I join. I am worried about not having enough time to devote to the contest this week... but I'll try anyway! Count me in.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Hello all,

It's time to figure out who's going to be paired up with who in this new ohr random colab contest. To do this, like last time, I will use an online dice rolling program(Roll Dice Online). I'll roll a 10 sided die to find out the first person of the first group and then roll it again till I get no repeats for the second person of the group. Then I'll switch to an 8 sided die for the remaining people. I'll use the list that I posted in the first post of this thread as the order, removing the names as I go but keeping the rest of the names in there same order.

Here's what I got:
ImageImage
ImageImage

This makes the teams:

RMSephy & Gizmog

BMR & mjohnson092088

Spoonweaver & Master K

SDHawk & TMC

thespazztikone & James Paige

If you have any questions, or concerns please let me know. Otherwise, this is the official start of the contest. Get Cracking!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I need to think of less subtle ways to get Giz to make a game with me

No, I'm pleased with the teams. Time to [s]idle in IRC[/s] sleep
mjohnson092088
Metal Slime

Post by mjohnson092088 »

i was a little worried about being paired with BMR, but i looked at his webpage and saw his blog post on the OHR. he's a really awesome artist, so i think this will turn out great if we can at least get started on something.
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy... So here's some lunchmeat... Sandwich, maybe?