Review: Escape from Strong Castle

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Review: Escape from Strong Castle

Post by Spoonweaver »

This game is terrible. That's all you really need to know about this thing. However, because there is a bit of a rule of how long reviews suppose to be, I suppose I'll go into detail about the reasons why it is terrible. I will say though, that the amount of time this game was made in is one redeeming factor. I do think it's the only one though.

The graphics for this game start off with terrible mspaint graphics that you might see a first time mspaint user come up with. Whenever you can see where the "artist" has used the airbrush tool, it's a bad sign. The graphics only get worse from there, when the game tries to blind you with it's stark white tiles with black outlines. I've never had my eyes hurt so much while playing a game before. I literally shed a couple tears because of the graphics.

The music for this game has only 1 good quality. The music was original and homemade. However, this game serves as an example of why original music isn't automatically a good thing. This game would have been more then just a little better with no music at all.

Last but not least, the gameplay and plot of this game was terrible. The idea behind running from every battle is just bad. The OHR's running mechanic is flawed at best and to base a game around it is nothing short of moronic. Not only that but the game's whole plot is basically that you can't escape from strong castle, and you die at the end. Oh shoot! Did I ruin it for you? The answer is no, the developer ruined the second he began making this thing.

So in conclusion, the graphics are terrible, the music is terriblethe gameplay is terrible, the plot is terrible and the overall style of the this game is terrible. Do not play this game.

Score: 0/5
Attachments
booo.PNG
booo.PNG (10.52 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

You only die if you don't pick up any of the treasure chests. If you get the armor and equip the Quik Boots you can take one hit from the boss and then slide under him and get the ending. Of course, if you're only using the debug keys to skip to the end...
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

hmm... even so, the game isn't good.

I do think you had the better review though.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.