HamsterSpeak 57 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak 57 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue57/cover.html

Features make a triumphant return! Fenrir revives Mazes and Hamsters, Fnrrf and Master K take a look back at their lost projects, and the Game of the Year vote begins.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Nice issue. The Mazes and Hamster's article was amazing this month. I also liked the stuffed animal made out of what looked like a wash clothe. That's pretty cool.
The lost games articles were interesting but depressing.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Ah, at last, the newest HamsterSpeak!
Good to see the first issue of 2012 filled with a fair amount of content. I hope everyone enjoys my wizarding sprite packs. They were supposed to be used in a class system tech demo, but I decided to share them with all.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

That review of Missing is very eloquently written.

Plus, Fnrrf Ygm Schnish is as crazy as always.
TheCube
Slime Knight

Post by TheCube »

Willy Elektrix wrote:That review of Missing is very eloquently written.
Thanks! I had fun writing it, and I really liked Missing. I'm also going to give Labyrinth a try as soon as I have some time, since it looks like it's right up my alley from your review.

I love the Mazes and Hamsters feature. Being a relative newbie to the community, I know that I'm missing most of the references, but I love the artwork and sometimes serious/sometimes silly descriptions.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The SeasSaw Gunswallow in the Mazes & Hamsters article caused me to repeatedly burst into fits of giggles. I can only guess at what my co-workers thought was wrong with me.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

James Paige wrote:The SeasSaw Gunswallow in the Mazes & Hamsters article caused me to repeatedly burst into fits of giggles. I can only guess at what my co-workers thought was wrong with me.
That's the best weapon in the bunch so far, if only for the crayon aura (a nod to Monsterology) and the whole "it explodes if you mess with it" part (which, everything in Arfenhouse explodes).

Assuming I do another "weapons" feature, look forward to the Vorpal Pavender. I can just imagine the silliness of a weapon that does bludgeoning damage being able to somehow sever limbs. Or perhaps the carrot sword - the one weapon Bob never actually canonically used. Point is, ALL of Wandering Hamster's weapons stood out to me because they're all inherently useful, do radically different things, and of course are ridiculous in their concept. Spam Can for the win.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Mazes and Hamsters was high quality, as usual. The art gallery this time around also gave me a giggle.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!