Harbinger 6EQUJ5

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

shakeyair
Slime Knight

Harbinger 6EQUJ5

Post by shakeyair »

Ok what? Does anything make anything happen? Actually, what about JazzMans one game, the Cave of Immense Riches or whatever? Or whatever one game it was where you could pick stuff up over your head and watch tv and bathe and there was some computer password?

I never figured any of these out. Can anyone help?
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Tonight, when I have some time, I will write a walk-through for Harbinger and post it. I'll post it as different segments of spoiler text so you can read as much or as little as you want. Rest assured, there is a solution. In fact, when I released the game I worried that it would be too easy!

Here's a hint to get you started. The world is not 1 looping room. It is 4 rooms that look (and sound) almost identical.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

And let's not forget Wage Slave! Is it possible to collect enough pennies to buy a brick? Just how many textboxes did Giz create?

I can answer one mystery though: Barnabus's Eleventh Hour does have an ending, but you only have a 1.02% chance of surviving for two hours.

PS: That game with the lovely voice acting by Hachi which you mentioned is Jimmy's Vacation
Last edited by TMC on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

As promised, below is the solution. Ask me questions if any of it doesn't make sense.

Harbinger is 4 similar rooms on a 2x2 grid. There are many visual cues to identify the individual rooms. Look at the 4 corner tiles of each room. One of them contains a flashing dot. This indicates the room's position on the grid. For instance, if the flashing dot is in the bottom right corner tile, then you are in the bottom right room. Some of the room exits loop back into the same room. You begin in a random room.

In each room are 4 arrow-shaped blocks. Push them in the arrow's direction and they will move. Underneath 3 of the arrow blocks are identical flashing buttons. Don't step on these or you will be teleported to the opposite corner of the room grid. One of the 4 flashing buttons will look different. Step on this button to activate a change in another room. Do this for all 4 rooms.

Each of those 4 buttons changes something in an adjacent room. After all 4 buttons have been pressed, look at the X-marked blocks near the arrow blocks in each room. In the center of each X-marked block is a flashing square. One of the 4 flashing squares is shaped differently than the other 3. Push that unique X-marked block and yellow text will appear. Push the X-marked block 5 times until the text changes drastically. Do this for each of the 4 rooms.

Once you have pushed each of the special X-marked blocks 5 times, look at the 4 middle blocks in each room. The bottom right of these blocks should contain an emblem shaped like a CIRCLE, ZEE, EX, or FIGURE 8. Touch this emblem in all 4 rooms to collect it.

With the emblems in your possession, touch the the top right block of the 4 middle blocks in each room. This will open a menu showing the CIRCLE, ZEE, EX, or FIGURE 8 emblems. Select one of the emblems to place it inside of this block. There are visual hints to tell which emblems go in which rooms. The solution is ZEE - bottom right, EX - top right, CIRCLE - top left, FIGURE-8 - bottom left. After doing that you have solved the puzzle.
Snodrvr
Red Slime

Post by Snodrvr »

Shakeyair's second questions seem to be directed at Jimmy's Amazing Vacation. (No, Hawk does not pay me to remind people of this game). Quite Frankly, It's left me stumped as well.

The game was made for a contest, The theme of which was "Nothing". Perhaps in a sneaky way, The joke is that there is "nothing" to be found?

EDIT: Sorry TMC, didn't see you'd already ID'ed the game.
Last edited by Snodrvr on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Preposterous. IIRC Hawk stated his take on the theme was "existential horror".
Snodrvr
Red Slime

Post by Snodrvr »

Looking back, I can't seem to find where I had read that, So I could be mistaken. I'm fairly certain it came up somewhere though, because I spent A LOT of time trying to decipher "nothing" into a usable password.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Yes I'm pretty sure that the theme was nothing; wasn't suggesting otherwise.