Enter the Labyrinth

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

I got west, north, west, then north again into the control room i think? I remove one of my gloves and begin to dance to Thriller, hoping the monitor will take notice (?)
You can't fix stupidity.
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

Mogri wrote:James Paige
Image "Well, there's no point in watching them kill themselves off." Isn't that what you said?

Image I'm just saying, we know the way out, they want to know the way out, we can help them out! There's no reason to watch them throw their lives away.

Image The big guy'll have a fit if he hears you talking like that. I for one don't have any interest in spending another millennium trapped up here.
As we see here, the Sphinx is sympathetic to us and rebellious, while Ed is clearly the labyrinth's man.

I suggest we try to disable or kill Ed.

Here's my map of the labyrinth so-far.

Last edited by Guild on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mourn for me. I was born to die. But not before a few grilled cheese sandwiches.
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

Mogri wrote:Guild
You attempt to remove the casing from the Simon game, but the malfunctioning Sonic the Hedgehog(TM) screwdriver malfunctions, delivering a moderate electrical shock! You recoil and drop the screwdriver. Unreliable piece of junk.

You head down to the cold room and peer eastward into the fountain room. The purple gate is up now. You head north into the troll room and bump into the troll while attempting to go east. The troll snaps to attention and gives you a big frown, looking at you expectantly.

You examine your feet to find that you're wearing sandals. What a terrible choice of footwear! Oh, wait, you're wearing socks with your sandals. That makes it better. You reach into your socks and produce a few bills of fake Monopoly money - that's one step faker than real Monopoly money.
Edit: You are carrying:
two fox tails
fifty magic keys
A pair of sandals
A pair of socks
A wad of fake monopoly money

I go west, north and west.
Last edited by Guild on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mourn for me. I was born to die. But not before a few grilled cheese sandwiches.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Pheonix
You head north into...

Control Room
Look at all of these buttons! The large panel has a keyboard and a microphone, while the pedestal houses what looks very much like a Simon game. There's also a lever on the west and east walls. For such an important-looking room, it sure wasn't very secure.

Exits lead west and south.

You are carrying:
a bullwhip
a fedora
a ticket

ncw64
You skedaddle to the control room and do your best Thriller. To your dismay, the dead do not rise from their graves.

Guild
You head from the troll room to the entrance to the control room to the...

Dark Room
It is pitch black here. You are likely to be eaten by a grue, if the setting is any indication. A hint of light from the east indicates the way you entered.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

I fiddle with the blue lever, then type the names of as many dances as I can remember into the console.
[2-step, tango, safety... er, that's sadly the entirety of what I can bring up right now! Huh.]
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

I head east, then south, then east.
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

Mogri wrote: Guild
You head from the troll room to the entrance to the control room to the...

Dark Room
It is pitch black here. You are likely to be eaten by a grue, if the setting is any indication. A hint of light from the east indicates the way you entered.
I go east, south, east, south and west.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Pheonix
You fiddle with the blue lever. Pulling it once causes a panel to slide over the monitor, covering it. Pulling it again makes the panel retreat.

You do some funky dances, hoping the computer will notice. None of them yield anything, but they're good exercise. Come to think of it, there's no camera in here or anything else that would serve as a dance monitoring device, so this is probably unproductive.

Shizuma
You return to the troll room. The troll is still here.

Guild
You make your way into...

Sphinx Room
On alternate sides of the room you see a miniature sphinx statue and a bust of some Greek guy. They are quabbling about something as you enter, but your presence seems to distract them and they stop speaking momentarily.

The only exit leads back to the east.
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

Mogri wrote: Guild
You make your way into...

Sphinx Room
On alternate sides of the room you see a miniature sphinx statue and a bust of some Greek guy. They are quabbling about something as you enter, but your presence seems to distract them and they stop speaking momentarily.

The only exit leads back to the east.
I go east, east, east.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Guild
You pass from the sphinx room to the cold room to the fountain room to the...

Glove Room
This room is littered with gloves of many varieties. Peculiarly, they are all right-handed gloves, although you could fit many of them on your left hand with varying degrees of discomfort. The only exit leads back the way you came.
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

I go south, east, south, east, and east again into the glove room, I hope. I then carefully examine the types of gloves there to see if any may have properties to store water through the extreme cold in.
You can't fix stupidity.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Pheonix wrote:I fiddle with the blue lever, then type the names of as many dances as I can remember into the console.
If that does something, end.
If that doesn't do anything, go south, east, south, east, and south. [Has anyone been south of the fountain room yet? I can't remember.]
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

Mogri wrote:Guild
You pass from the sphinx room to the cold room to the fountain room to the...

Glove Room
This room is littered with gloves of many varieties. Peculiarly, they are all right-handed gloves, although you could fit many of them on your left hand with varying degrees of discomfort. The only exit leads back the way you came.
I don two gloves, one on each hand, and go back west and then south.
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

I go south.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

ncw64
You enter the glove room and look over all of the gloves. Hey, this one's a Power Glove! But aside from that, none of the gloves looks especially special.

Pheonix
You spend some time typing (and totally not dancing at all), but get no response. You try typing while dancing, too, for good measure.

Failing to impress inanimate objects once again, you leave dejectedly and wander into the...

Magma Room
The southern end of this room has given way to a pool of magma. (At first you mistake it for lava, but a quick reflection on your Introduction to Volcanology class clears up that confusion.) Flying in the face of everything video games have taught you, the entire room is incredibly hot! You suspected you'd be okay if you didn't touch the magma, but that's clearly not the case - staying in this room too long will certainly prove fatal. You can leave through the northern passage from which you entered.

Guild
You join Pheonix in the magma room. Is it hot in here or is it just -- oh, wait, it's hot in here.

Shizuma
You ignore the troll and head south.

Cold Room
It's extremely cold in this room! You've been cold before, but this takes the cake. You're certainly going to freeze to death if you're still here at the end of your next turn. Beneath the ice, you notice a fish. Exits lead north, west, and east. The east exit is wide open, despite the illustration. Lazy artists!