Enter the Labyrinth

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

I reply: Wait i'm going, too.

I'm following ncw64 to the statue room.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Shizuma
You dance the funkiest dance you can muster! Everyone else in the room is impressed, but the monitor is unchanged.

James Paige
You can't lose your cool in the cold room!

You saunter east to the...
Fountain
The north wall of this room is occupied by a large fountain. A hideous statue spews an endless stream of water into the basin below. The floor is littered with a pile of discarded bottles. Exits lead west, east, and south.

ncw64
How rude, that troll! If it's any consolation, he'll probably get indigestion from the pop rocks.

You head to the sphinx room.

marionline
You follow ncw64 to the sphinx room. He asks the statues about the troll.

Image Oh, him? Sweet little guy.

Image Except for the "little." He's also dumb as a brick, but he does his job well.

Image And he actually gets paid for it! We're the only ones stuck down here as punishment.

Image To be fair, he's paid in mealworms and maggots. It's not like he's breaking the bank.

Image We could tell you more, but that'd be cheating, right?

Image Yeah. So you gotta solve the almighty riddle of the Sphinx if you want a clue.

Image I guess you two weren't here to hear it. You just need to get me some water.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Water! Ignoring the bottles, I scoop up some water in my top hat, and hurry to Ed and Catwoman's room to present them with it.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

James Paige
Your top hat fills with water. As you pass through the cold room, the water freezes. You enter the sphinx room with an ice-filled hat. You half expect the ice to fall through the hat in a manner not unlike many cartoons you've seen, but the ice has actually frozen its way into the fabric of the hat, so you've essentially got a hat-shaped block of ice.

Image No, dear, I said water.

Image Obviously, there's a water source two rooms over. If it were that simple, it wouldn't be a riddle at all, would it? Not that it's a great one anyway. Kitty's lost her claws if you ask me.

The sphinx hisses.
Last edited by Mogri on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

I go east three times (hopefully) past the water room, picking up a cup of water on the way.
You can't fix stupidity.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I mourn the loss of my fine hat, but take solace in the fact that I can still look dapper with my monocle.

As politely as I can, I remind the sphinx that ice thaws into water all by itself.

I leave the hat on the floor so it can do exactly that before excusing myself to return to the FOUNTAIN room for another look around.
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

I enter the labyrinth. I go north, pull the red lever, then RUN south, east, south and look through the east door for a few moments (not long enough to freeze!) then run back north and, ignoring the troll completely like a grownup, I look east, then run back west, grab fifty keys and talk to the picture on the wall. "Hey, are you calling me crazy? Because you're pretty smart if you are. Since you're so smart, how do I get out of here?"

I check and see if I brought my malfunctioning sonic screwdriver with me.
Don't mourn for me. I was born to die. But not before a few grilled cheese sandwiches.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

ncw64
bottle: Taken.
You fill your bottle with water and head eastward to...
Glove Room
This room is littered with gloves of many varieties. Peculiarly, they are all right-handed gloves, although you could fit many of them on your left hand with varying degrees of discomfort. The only exit leads back the way you came.

James Paige
Image Pah! You mock my riddle?

The sphinx's eyes glow red and fire a ray of energy at the hat. The ice sublimates into steam. Neat trick, ignoring the laws of chemistry like that.

You leave to the east and re-enter the fountain room.

Guild
You enter the control room and pull the red lever. You make a mad dash to the cold room and verify that the red lever does indeed correspond to the purple gate, which is now closed.

You return to the troll room and try to peek past the troll. His considerable body size blocks most of the door, but you do notice a dark room with flashy lights.

You return to the entrance and take a few fistfuls of keys, then chat up an inanimate object.

You are carrying:
a malfunctioning Sonic the Hedgehog(TM) brand screwdriver
two fox tails
fifty magic keys
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

Mogri wrote:Guild
You enter the control room and pull the red lever. You make a mad dash to the cold room and verify that the red lever does indeed correspond to the purple gate, which is now closed.

You return to the troll room and try to peek past the troll. His considerable body size blocks most of the door, but you do notice a dark room with flashy lights.

You return to the entrance and take a few fistfuls of keys, then chat up an inanimate object.

You are carrying:
a malfunctioning Sonic the Hedgehog(TM) brand screwdriver
two fox tails
fifty magic keys
I go north and try to repair the Simon game with my malfunctioning Sonic the Hedgehog(TM) screwdriver, regardless of how well it already works. If I can get it open/broken, I take some electronic parts from inside and cram them into my pockets. I pull and also attempt to remove the red lever's handle ball (the red ball) and take that as well, then I go south and east and south, then look east. Then I go north and east again, ignoring the troll like a grownup.

I check to see if I brought my monopoly money wad in my sock like I like to carry for emergency cheating in games.
Last edited by Guild on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't mourn for me. I was born to die. But not before a few grilled cheese sandwiches.
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

I take a glove on each hand, however uncomfortable it may be, then return to the water room and closely examine the cups, and the fountain. Oh, I'm also a little miffed that I'm now trapped with nothing but water and gloves :(
You can't fix stupidity.
Guild
Slime

Post by Guild »

ncw64 wrote:I take a glove on each hand, however uncomfortable it may be, then return to the water room and closely examine the cups, and the fountain. Oh, I'm also a little miffed that I'm now trapped with nothing but water and gloves :(
I left the purple door open for you!
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Ahh, alright alright! Glad to hear it then!
You can't fix stupidity.
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

Ok then. I catch my breath and head west.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Guild
You attempt to remove the casing from the Simon game, but the malfunctioning Sonic the Hedgehog(TM) screwdriver malfunctions, delivering a moderate electrical shock! You recoil and drop the screwdriver. Unreliable piece of junk.

You head down to the cold room and peer eastward into the fountain room. The purple gate is up now. You head north into the troll room and bump into the troll while attempting to go east. The troll snaps to attention and gives you a big frown, looking at you expectantly.

You examine your feet to find that you're wearing sandals. What a terrible choice of footwear! Oh, wait, you're wearing socks with your sandals. That makes it better. You reach into your socks and produce a few bills of fake Monopoly money - that's one step faker than real Monopoly money.

ncw64
You are now wearing two gloves. Michael Jackson would be disappointed.

You enter the fountain room and closely examine the cups. They more closely resemble jars than drinking glasses, but are otherwise unremarkable.

The fountain contains clear water, probably safe to drink. The water-spewing gargoyle is incredibly unsightly but otherwise uninteresting. A few coins line the bottom of the basin. You don't get to make a wish if you fish out someone else's coin, though.

Shizuma
You head west from the control room.

Dark Room
It is pitch black here. You are likely to be eaten by a grue, if the setting is any indication. A hint of light from the east indicates the way you entered.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

I enter the labyrinth, going north.