De-Buff Moves

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

RMZ
King Slime

De-Buff Moves

Post by RMZ »

Anyone here have an idea of how to set one of these up? I need to figure out how to set up a move where it resets the heroes (or even enemy) particular stat back to before it was buffed or debuffed.
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

Rather off topic, but you haven't posted in months or given any sort of updates (to any of the winners, though I haven't asked Frrrnf in awhile) so I'll just ask here: Where are the movie contest posters? Last we heard you'd have them finished by the middle of last month.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Can't you just use an attack that sets the stat in question to 100% of the maximum? If you want to get really fancy, you can do a blank attack which chains to the actual resetting spell only if the stat in question is above or below the norm (like SMT does with its two stat resetting spells).

...on that note, is there a thing that takes into account the target's max stats in the chaining options? Aside from a liberal usage of tags, I don't really see a way of setting limits on non-self buffs and debuffs.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

If you want to have me "banned" for not following through with the posters, go for it. I'm not planning on doing them and I'm not arguing about it.

In regards to Phoenix, I'll give that a shot and let you know if it works or not. I think your 2nd idea was getting fancier than I need for this situation but it still can be a useful thing with this. Thanks.

EDIT: Phoenix, that worked, I can't believe it was actually something that simple. Appreciate your help man.
Last edited by RMZ on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

To make it even simpler you can have an attack that does "nothing," and just turn these two bitsets on:

ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Can't you just turn on a tag for that?
You can't fix stupidity.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

For whatever reason I think I tried that originally and had bad results, there's a chance I did something wrong, but eh, I dunno. I got it working now and it works great.
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Oh, didn't look at Surlaw's post but to make it even simpler... again! Can't you just set your attack with those tags since it resets stat to Max BEFORE hit? I always thought that was what that bitset was intended for anyways haha.
You can't fix stupidity.