Sword of Jade?

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

ncw64
Slime Knight

Sword of Jade?

Post by ncw64 »

I recently downloaded "some version" of SoJ and started it up and my main hero is level 0 with stats of all 0. I kind of assume this is a bug since I can't actually win any battles now so I just keep dying. Also, on the prequel thing that lets you control Dogero, he's invisible so I can't even begin to "try and find another way in". I really do kind of want to get into it though, anyone know how?
You can't fix stupidity.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Maybe an engine bug. All the weirdest bugs appear in SoJ and only SoJ. Where did you download SoJ, and exactly what version of the OHR are you playing it with?

You can download SoJ here, however I believe that version has lots of annoying "NEEDS DESCRIPTION" messages for attack descriptions. I tried that version, and couldn't reproduce the 0 stats bug.

Also, you can read the manual here. I couldn't find any download of the game that included the manual, but originally it did (along with other extras?)
Last edited by TMC on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

ncw64: if you join irc (server: esper.net, channel: #slimesalad) I promise you I could find someone who could hook you up with a good copy

:angel:
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Alright cool, I'll try to download that and replace my other SoJ one then haha, and I'll see if I can figure out the espernet thing for sure as well. I really appreciate it!
You can't fix stupidity.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

waaaaaait if there's an engine bug involved, I want to know about it!
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Huh? No, wasn't referring to a bug. I'm just not on the internet all that much and was just saying I'd get around to checking it out when I could! No worries, TMC!
You can't fix stupidity.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Not referring to a bug? I'm confused... I'm not aware of any broken versions of SoJ floating around, which is why I suspect an engine bug. But I'll just take your reassurance on face value.
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

Oh, haha. Ok, big misunderstanding. I apologize! Anyhow, I'm not sure what qualifies as an engine bug but yea, my hero has stats of all 0, at level 0 so I can't fight any battles :( Also, in the proem, Dogero is invisible for some reason, maybe that's a layering thing? but all of the other characters are visible as NPCs.
You can't fix stupidity.