Which game would you want to see for a future project after Evil Unleashed?
"D"
0% (0)
Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
20% (1)
Alone in the Dark
20% (1)
Hell: A cyberpunk thriller
40% (2)
Lost Eden
0% (0)
Doom RPG: Through Hell and Back
20% (1)
Total Votes: 5
Page «  1, 2, 3  »
Slime Knight

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Here is the full map layout for the Tei Tenga portion of Doom RPG so far...

Slime Knight

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 11:42 am
Another update for Doom RPG will be released shortly after the Tei Tenga portion of the game is finished. Oh, and to support the Doom-y nature of this, it does go immediately to fighting after the invasion hits. But I've got a plan to add more strategy to the game.
Metal Slime

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 5:40 pm
Can't wait to mod the hell out of it. I used to love playing with mud files. What I think would be neater though, not knocking what you have, would be using the doom engine and making it into a 1st person rpg. Where numbers appear when you attack people and stuff.

At any rate, I think this will really shine once the developers get off irc and finish the ohr multiplayer support.
Slime Knight

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 5:42 pm
They're seriously adding multiplayer, or is it just a rumor?
Metal Slime

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 5:44 pm
Join #slimesalad on esper.net using your favorite irc program -- James and TMC are right there! Waiting to be pestered. It's my favorite ohr mini-game.
Liquid Metal King Slime

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 6:42 pm
No there are no multiplayer plans, Charbile is trolling you (or trolling me maybe ;)
Metal Slime

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 7:14 pm
* Charbile intercepts a secret transmission:

JamesPaige> A while back somebody started work on hacking in something that could read and write ints over a tcp socket
tmc> they actually starteD?
JamesPaige> Yeah, they had code
tmc> I thought it was just a suggestion
JamesPaige> But I know how grotesquely painful it would be to plotscript anything like that
JamesPaige> If we ever have any multiplayer (and that is a huge IF) it would be exchanging complex objects with a server
JamesPaige> and since we don't even have support for any kind of objects yet, nobody should hold their breath.

Still holding my breath!!
I believe in you when no one else will Angel

(windows support! mp3's! They said we'll never have that in the ohrrpgce!)
Slime Knight

PostTue Aug 09, 2011 7:15 pm
yeah. i saw that. but in the meantime, game work comes first...
Slime Knight

PostThu Aug 11, 2011 10:23 pm
Man. I've been workin my arse off all day, and I finally have something to show for it. Great graphic updates and a 'new' map. Here's the before and after shots of the Nuclear Plant:

Before:

After:

Before 2:

After 2:

Hopefully next time this is featured in HamsterSpeak (That's a big IF) maybe it'll get a better reaction this time.[/img]
Slime Knight

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 am
Well, as for update sceduling:

I guess i'll be posting the next one when i finish up with the Command Control and Phobos Colonization#1 hubmaps. Since that's gonna take a little time, don't be expecting an update soon, except for maybe a bugfix or graphic update here or there.

Maybe i'll post some quick screenshots when i'm about 75% through.
But in the meantime, I gotta get work done. I'll be working all day tomorrow, but i'll be on IRC if y'all need me for anything. may try a few rounds of Dominion if possible. But I'm turning in for the night. See y'all tomorrow.
Metal Slime

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 12:58 pm
What about this being featured in that doomworld community you also hail from? I'd imagine they'd be all over this. Maybe.

So far as graphic updates, you can always start on the official doom rpg pony mod and hopefully see it get a better reaction and feature at equestria daily and the likes.
Slime Knight

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 1:01 pm
rofl. I'll think about it. As for DW, i dunno what the reaction'll be. Hopefully they like the new battle sprites/gfx.
Slime Knight

PostSat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 am
Here's some new mapping for the Nuclear Plant. I need feedback: Do you like this better than the previous Nuclear Plant? (If you have no idea what i'm talking about, play an older version of Doom RPG).

Anyway, post here plz. I'm gonna be off soon. Or, you can tell me how you like em on the IRC.
Slime Knight

PostSat Aug 13, 2011 11:40 pm
Here is the mapping in progress, along with some ideas, for the Nuclear Plant section of the RPG:

King Slime

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 am
Man Spazztik, your making progress.
Page «  1, 2, 3  »