Eternity Fragment Development Journal

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

NayusDante
Red Slime

Eternity Fragment Development Journal

Post by NayusDante »

Now that I finally have a clear vision of how to end the game, I'm resuming work on Eternity Fragment I. Actually, I really want to get back to work on Eternity Fragment II again (most of the design was done when I stopped), but I told myself I'd finish this first. Here's my to-do list.

Modifications for the existing content:
  • New soundtrack
    Enhanced sprites
    Palette overhaul
    Add sound effects
New content:
  • Last bit of story
    Additional sprites and tiles
    New music
    Ending sequence
Basically, I want to clean up the original game, make it feel more complete, and integrate all my recent ideas into a real ending. There's probably less than a half-hour of gameplay after the Leviathan fight, but it's all going to use new resources that weren't in the demo.
NayusDante
Red Slime

Post by NayusDante »

New map progress - Kuro's Apartment

Yes, the real world is in grayscale. Still needs a bed, a toilet, a shower, and some light fixtures. This is my first attempt at doing original graphics myself (everything's original except the album covers on the wall).
Last edited by NayusDante on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Looking good! I loved the intro to your game, btw. Pretty awesome how you're actually incorporating that into the actual game, if I'm understanding this right :o

(i couldn't make it past the boat, will try again with your next update)
NayusDante
Red Slime

Post by NayusDante »

Tonight I found my old script file and replaced the ending script with a new one. After the "crash," Kuro turns off the console and the next map loads. The most time consuming thing when I do scripting is making sure the fades work right. I still need to add a new sound effect here, and the "stuck note" that I had before is really badly done now that I hear it again.

Next step is to finish this cutscene and write up the rest of the story.

Note to self: The chair is too tall.