Show off your graphics!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mystic
Metal Slime

Post by Mystic »

I don't want to nitpick one of the best looking enemy sprites I've ever seen, but there are three sections of long, straight, diagonal lines of dark blue that are supposed to be dithering, but really stand out. There's one more towards the back that isn't as bad. They make an otherwise round looking guy very... jagged and straight edged.
Alk
Red Slime

Post by Alk »

redid my hero stuff, pretty happy with the results

Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

EPIC!!! Like the middle guy.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Wow. Those battle sprites have some peculiar proportions for an OHR game.
I like 'em.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Well done on the graphics.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Man, I really like the way you did the bottom guy. His poses and whatnot are just awesome.
The legs on the first one seem a bit wonky and I have my reservations about the shading you did for the second guy's robe, but the walkabouts for them are rock-solid.

...speaking of iffy stuff, I'm waffling badly on these two sprites, the first one much more than the second:
ImageImage
The face on the first one is just really odd; how should I go about fixing that. The second one is a bit, better, but on both I don't really know where to go with their fur...
In any case they're both first-area enemies, so I kinda want to make them look at least half-decent. Any help?
Alk
Red Slime

Post by Alk »

I agree that I could touch up their animations and maybe I'll try a reshade or two on the robe. I am the only one working on my RPG so it takes a very long time and it's almost playable and I am eager to get to that point.

On your first sprite I would make the head a pixel bigger, I guess is the best way to describe it, so I would have more room to work with on face features but that is what I would do. Else I think your best solution would be to stick with features using the dark brown whatever color you call it that you outlined it with.

Creatures with fur might give you an idea too, notice how they shade the heads.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Eh, I redid the first sprite and touched up the second a bit. Not showing them here now though.

What I am going to show here now, though, is this:
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Lavos Spawn!
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Wow...these graphics make me feel worse about mine. I have been known to scrap games if something goes wrong. Wanna see some of mine?

BEHOLD! THE GHOSTS OF BAD SPRITES PAST!
Grayscale Hero
This fellow is Brody, the hero for a game im currently working on, Grayscale.
Fire Mage
This is Iyana, a fire mage and a ghost of sprites past from a wizard game I scrapped.

There ye have it, my (sorta) awful art :( . Also...if your bored, and wanna do a little project, I wouldn't argue to you redoing Iyana, Duncan and my Teen Avatar for me :angel:
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Duncan and Teen look a little derpy-eyed. It's like they're standing erect, but their heads are tilted. From the looks of Brody, you've already learned from this mistake, so if you're going to make more hero sprites, model them after Brody. One gripe about him - the two shades of grey in his hair are so close, they almost look the same. To save yourself a lot of time, don't bother shading tiny unnoticeable details like this. You're making a greyscale game, I won't be expecting anything extravagant or pretty. But I'll still play it.
For reference, here's a screenshot featuring the protagonist of Seiklus, one of the greatest adventure games I've ever played.
Simplicity can be a good thing.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Pheonix, I'm also thinking Lavos spawn.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Awww, thank you baconlab for saying you'll play my game. Im releasing the demo in the near future. Anyways, I realize Brody is better than my other sprites. I'll try an improve Teen in the future, as he will appear in some of my games in the future, hopefully, and Grayscale will hopefully be decent, minus the battle backgrounds I made in MS paint.
shakeyair
Slime Knight

Post by shakeyair »

he looks friendly.
but he has no home...
Last edited by shakeyair on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Jesus, that looks absolutely amazing.
Kinda makes what I made look rather tame in comparison:
[Might as well put it up as well though]