This is the Beginning.

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Well then how do I import that palette? I don't have a lot of experience with this really.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Is it possible to have an npc walk on top of another one and stay on the other one?
Just remove the obstruction from both NPCs and you can overlap them as much as you want.

Code: Select all

set npc obstructs (2,false)
set npc obstructs (3,false)
And you're done.

Just remember to reset the values to true before you end the script, or if you change any condition like moving to a new map. Otherwise, NPCs 2 and 3 will remain untouchable.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

RedMaverickZero wrote:Well then how do I import that palette? I don't have a lot of experience with this really.
Try saving it as a (256-color?) BMP and then importing it.
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

Thanks Pepsi, worked like a charm.
RedMaverickZero wrote:I want to use that palette for my side project. But the file converts bad from PNG. Can you reply and add it as an attachment as the bmp file that OHR makes when you extract it from there? I really dig it and think it'd be perfect for my new project.
I'll just PM it to you.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Got it! Thanks a ton! Definitely the look I'm going for with this project. I think you really did a great job making it dude, and thanks for sharing it.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

You know, I really feel that you're not using the palette you made to its fullest potential. You're doing a simplistic style - nothing wrong with that - but it just feels like it's really overcast and subdued (which actually works really well if that's what you're going for, though), so you might want to get some more contrast on those trees and cliffs.
Speaking of those trees, though - they just seem a bit flat and just plain odd the way you have them now. At least make an overlapping tile or something, because the way you have them there seems a bit unnatural.

The plot and what you have for the gameplay seems good, and I'd like to see what you have planned out actually come to fruition. Just fix those trees... or something.
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

RedMaverickZero wrote:Got it! Thanks a ton! Definitely the look I'm going for with this project. I think you really did a great job making it dude, and thanks for sharing it.
No problem.
Pheonix wrote:You know, I really feel that you're not using the palette you made to its fullest potential. You're doing a simplistic style - nothing wrong with that - but it just feels like it's really overcast and subdued (which actually works really well if that's what you're going for, though), so you might want to get some more contrast on those trees and cliffs.
Speaking of those trees, though - they just seem a bit flat and just plain odd the way you have them now. At least make an overlapping tile or something, because the way you have them there seems a bit unnatural.

The plot and what you have for the gameplay seems good, and I'd like to see what you have planned out actually come to fruition. Just fix those trees... or something.
Okay? I'll try to do something, I guess, but I kinda like them.
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

Looks great! Struggling to get a specific look with mine. I kinda know what I want, but it's not working yet.
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

I made some progress after not working on this for a few days.

First, some more sprites:

Second, other progress:

*Created the next cutscene where you get the second character.
*Made 7 new attacks.
*Made 2 new items.
*Downloaded a bunch of music.

I plan to create the first town this weekend.
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

*Finished first town.
*Made 2 more items.
*Made another attack.
*Finished stats for 5 more enemies.

I plan on making the first real quest soon.