Pokémon Megathread - Don't Matter If You're Black Or White

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Re: SIXTY-FOOOUUURRR

Post by Shadowiii »

Baconlabs wrote:Image!
Gotta love the pseudo legendaries. I want one. And that bug/fire that flies because it is cool.
Also I can't believe you people are that far already. I've been playing non-stop (save 30 hrs of work) and I just beat the second to last gym.
I'm still mad that it isn't much different, but I am enjoying it a lot.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

Huh. Just bought White. Let's hope it's good.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Incidentally, I went through a ton of trouble to get a better wireless router today, and connected Pokemon to the INTERNET! As a result, my friend code is
4083 5012 5104
in case anyone wants to know. Also, Victini event.
Also, the Global website with the Dream World and all that? It's not coming to America until the 30th! I wish I knew that before I spent half an hour trying to connect!
Last edited by Baconlabs on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voltire
Slime Knight

Post by Voltire »

I don't have a wireless router, but I can still connect to one of my neighbor's internet. I mimight put my code up later, too.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Ah, yes, incidentally...
There's going to be Wi-Fi Pokemon tournaments at some point in the future. Probably in a few months. Some of the rules for the very first tournament jumped out at me.
  • Double Battles only
    Pokemon from the Unova dex only
    Banned: Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
This got the gears in my head a'workin'. If I were to participate, I'd have to totally rethink how I structure my teams. All those awesome Pokemon ([s]and Stealth Rock[/s]) from the previous four generations would vanish in smoke under these rules... plus, it's DOUBLES. I hardly ever plan for doubles.
It's really hard to imagine a competitive battle where Gengar, Starmie, Scizor, Tyranitar, and their ilk will simply be a non-issue. Thus, another question arises - what are the hard-hitters from Unova that I should be worried about? Any thoughts?
(Oh, not to exclude the new-gen tanks. Ferrothorn, Jellicent, and Cofagrigus are certainly making their impression.)
Last edited by Baconlabs on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Doubles? You could try running a weather set. Seems like it would be doubly effective.

Then again, you could also run Plusle/Minun and sweep your way to victory!
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

Haha man, I need to edit the OP.

I dont have my friend code on-hand right now but I've got a bunch of Deinos with Dark Pulse and Scraggys with Fire/Ice/Thunderpunch (as in all 3) that are in need of homes. Also Joltiks, Solosises, and Archens but those ones don't have cool egg moves.

Edit: a handful of the Deinos are modest

Edit2: what do you guys think of GTS Negotiations? For me it's 50% making the day of sone kid just starting, 50% showing off shiny level 100 legendaries and frownspam. I want to like it, but...
Last edited by Fortis on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Re:Fortis
Awesome! I'd be interested in the Deino, Scraggy, and Archen. The only thing I can really provide is Snivies (I was lucky enough to get a female starter) and possibly a Tirtouga.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Ditto mocks your female starter
Fortis
Super Slime

Post by Fortis »

Without a female of the species you want, you can't pass on egg moves!

Anyway Baconlabs, don't worry about making a good offering, if you don't have anything super cool, you still have a different trainer ID than me and also count towards the trade total (you guys know that you get a second master ball for 50 trades, right?). Just set aside anything.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to trade yet but I'll figure it out and post my FC soon.
Please read Blasphemous Saga Fantasy okay thanks