Heart of the OHR Contest

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

NeoSpade
Slime Knight

Post by NeoSpade »

Surlaw wrote:
Pepsi Ranger wrote:I am now open for some suggestions on how to make this better for the 2012 contest. All areas of discussion are welcome. Anything noted here I'll consider.
Separate voting categories for Best New Game and Best Updated Game, since there seemed to be a large split in who voted for what.
I'd like to go a step further (in addition to backing this point), that if an updated game has no new content in old areas it should include a .SAV file for the point at which the new content starts, and if it's been updated in several parts and is a very large game then it should contain several .SAVs for voting clarity and time framing (even if a game is great trawling through several hours of old/largely untouched content during a voting period makes for head-hurts, rushing and inaccuracies).

Also I'd like to see a Most Improved Since Last Contest category to encourage further work on releases this time around.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

I agree with Surlaw, and it would be nice to have the SAV file. But I don't think we need a separate "most improved" if we are having a separate "best update".
I am Srime
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

^ ^ My shirt and some words
Last edited by JSH357 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Mystic
Metal Slime

Post by Mystic »

Spoonweaver wrote:image
Curses! You beat me. I also got mine the other day, haven't worn it yet.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Did I miss some kind of "post yourself w/cool shirt" contest or something

I wasn't planning on donning mine until warmer weather comes.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Hmm, this reminds me that I keep forgetting to give IM my order. I should probably place it soon before he forgets about it, too.

JSH, thanks for the kudos on the contest. I didn't realize that the receipts were customized. What does everyone else's say?

By the way, if anyone wants to discuss plans for Heart of the OHR 2012, you're welcome to here. It may keep you inspired to work on your future entry frequently.

(Actually, I may go ahead and divert ideas for the 2012 contest into a new thread now that this one has broken the 500-post mark, and really is quite insanely long now.)
Place Obligatory Signature Here